• 502 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hey guys an gals.

Found this article while looking around on the net for tyre prices,

http://www.caradvice...s-in-australia/

Which linked me to these guys,

http://www.cheaptyres4u.com.au/

Has anyone seen/used this place at all?

Just had a quick look at the pricing and compared it too the cheap tyres i got for my old 17's (225/45/r17) and they seem too be about $370ish cheaper for 4 tyres of the same quality to what i payed through the cheapest place in wagga after adding in the expence of postage ($30 for 4 tyres to anywhere in aust apparently) , fitting and a wheel alignment.

Can anyone else compair as well to confirm?

Just thought id share it...

Cheers,

Rob

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#2 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:45 AM

I'd just be really wary of the brand-name of tire your buying. Economy, Mid-Range and Premium doesn't say much for brand name choice. Of all the things you can skimp on when replacing things on your car - tires is NOT one of them. bad/cheap tires = compromised road contact and grip.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#3 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

I'd be wary... The prices that they indicate would be for their budget range of tyres.

I'd completely avoid their "Economy" choices altogether.

D0on't cheap out on tyres! My last set of 4, 16 inch tyres set me back approx $800. It's been worth it though!

Have a look at your local Bob Jane - They always have specials on.
Current Catalogue

#4 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:00 AM

yeah, i know what you are saying, I might put through an enquiry too see how much one of the good brands are and then compare. ill let you know what they say..

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#5 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

yeah, i know what you are saying,

I might put through an enquiry too see how much one of the good brands are and then compare.

ill let you know what they say..

Just found this on the site

shows brands and types of tyres and the price...

http://www.cheaptyre...rmancetyres.php

Can anyone compare?

#6 dmt

dmt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

Just found this on the site

shows brands and types of tyres and the price...

http://www.cheaptyre...rmancetyres.php

Can anyone compare?

i bought falken 452 in 205/50/R16 a couple of months ago for $158, and when i tried to get a different tyre shop to beat this price they told me that this was below their cost price, so it seems pretty decent. do you have to factor in fitting and balancing?

#7 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

Just be aware lads that these tyres may very well be parallel imports, and the fact that such tyres are not ADR compliant. If you have a stack, your insurance company may withdrawal cover using this very reason.

#8 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

no reply to my email in over 2 days now, I wont be doing business with them.

#9 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

I used to have crappy "clear" branded tyres. would spin all for on 8psi in the wet in a straight line. went out and spent $1200 for 4 Federal Tyre's and OMG, Massive difference, no more sideways action even if i try with 171kw's on 19psi. will see a few months time when i have PPG's
MY02 Liberty B4

#10 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

I used to have crappy "clear" branded tyres. would spin all for on 8psi in the wet in a straight line.

went out and spent $1200 for 4 Federal Tyre's and OMG, Massive difference, no more sideways action even if i try with 171kw's on 19psi.

will see a few months time when i have PPG's

Im not about to go out and buy a crappy brand of tyre, ive been there and done that.

That place i linked you too sells all sorts of brands including good brands of tyre, but at a discounted price apparently, due to the fact they buy them in bulk and they pass the savings on. (apparently)

Just looking to compare between getting a good brand of tyre through that place, and getting them through a place in town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users