5 replies to this topic

#1 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes motard and enduro. racing subies

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

yesterday i headed down to wakefield park to track day the vortex and as i was unloading n what should come around the corner n park in one of the carports i rush ova n as i suspected the new not yet released toyota 86 , i had a good chat to the driver n it was for a motor magazine review, later on a few other cars turned up they were also testing. a subaru sti, pussy deflector mx5, a new vaulkswagon golf lookin thing. got to have a good look over the 86 n it was very impressive, heaps of track thought went into it such has reversable headrests to make room for ur helmet, tow points, enough room to fit 4 rims interestingly as i belive both cars are built at subaru the quarter panels had subaru stamped in it and the plastic cover on the engine had subaru and toyota on it. the highlight of the day was when on the race track i look in my mirror n i got it on my tail. the 25yrold rwd version was still quicker thanks to the snail. even with my horrable street tyres and water running across the track at some corners due to heavy rain previously.

i managed to get some snap shots of the beasts together unfortinatly i didnt take my camera with me as i went down by myself, so had to use my crapy camera phone, prob a good thing as the 86 was heaps dirty from the abuse motor mag guys were giving it.

enjoy. will update my build thread soon.

Attached Files

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

haha funny stuff. were Matt and Sean there from Motor? good to hear you chopped it ;)

toyota are lending those things out left right and center at the moment. Dean had one the other day to review for Tarmac Mag and they've lent one to Ginga for the weekend to take to the next round of VIC Drift!

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Nice one Grant!

First track day with the turbo motor? Hows it go?

Posted Image

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Haha,

Pussy deflector.

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 vi55errs

vi55errs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes motard and enduro. racing subies

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

second time out now didnt have to many issues the first time out only the speed sensor had it wired up wrong at the ecu end as im running the vortex cluster took half a day to sort out, goes realy well thou, its a real handfull on the street tyres constantly braking into wheel spin even with the lsd im looking at geting those kumho semi slicks seem to be well priced n good reviews.

not sure ov the names of the fellas from motor mag there was a few ov em good blokes thou.

#6 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Sick! Well done!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users