aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

The online-only sale of the Subaru BRZ coupe – claimed to be the first of its type in the world – is off to a stalled start.

Sales were due to open at midday today but an overwhelming number of visitors to the Subaru website placing orders or making enquiries has crashed the system.

“The sheer volume of traffic to our internet site is four times higher than normal,” says Subaru Australia spokesman David Rowley.

“We’ve had a massive spike, and it’s preventing the ‘buy’ button from appearing. We hope to have it resolved in the next half hour,” Rowley told Drive at 1pm eastern time.

UPDATE: When Drive tried at 1.15pm eastern time we found a "BRZ BUY" button in the bottom right-hand corner of the home page but couldn't progress past the first stage (nominating a post code).

Subaru only has 201 BRZ coupes to sell for the remainder of this year. Rowley said the maker had taken eight deposits in the first five minutes and sold 18 cars in a little more than an hour. Six of those buyers were women.

At the weekend it announced a drive-away price of $37,150, which included free servicing for three years.

Subaru is directing customers to its website so it can then allocate the car to the nearest dealer for delivery, rather than have dealers (an customers) squabbling over so few cars.

The Subaru’s twin, the Toyota 86 coupe, is sold out to October for a $29,990 model, and to November for a $35,490 model.

This info and more can be found at: http://smh.drive.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Subaru only has 201 BRZ coupes to sell for the remainder of this year. Rowley said the maker had taken eight deposits in the first five minutes and sold 18 cars in a little more than an hour. Six of those buyers were women.

Looks like there will be spare parts by the end of the yr :walts:

#3 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

Looks like there will be spare parts by the end of the yr :walts:
[/center]

I didn't realise they were calling kitchens "BRZs" these days. Hahahahaha.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#4 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

You guys should be banned.

:sarcastic:

Posted Image

#5 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

I didn't realise they were calling kitchens "BRZs" these days. Hahahahaha.

probs the white cars to match the kitchen apliences.

freeway.jpeg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users