←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

br subaru wagon

br wags's Photo br wags 16 Jul 2012

Moved in a completely new direction, this is the third subaru coming from a legacy wags into a gtb and now this. ok time to throw this over to a build thread now

so we are starting with this ............................

Posted Image

2011 subaru liberty gt premium wagon in charcol(yes i know the pic is silver but could find a pic)

blistein shocks , sat nav, reverse cam, 6sp manual, lthr , etc.............................................(wont go into heaps of details as most of you already know it well)

So yes very standard considering the price tag with this wagon. Sitting at dealers now waiting on parts to arrive

so ive added the following to start with
Front sti spoiler
Rear sti spoiler(getting painted)
Revised grill set back into bonnet more with mesh, and painted surround(this may change yet)
Sti gear knob(factory one is just crap)
Window tint
Paint protection

A small list to start with, looking at wheels right now(standard fittment is just plain ugly) so tossing up between 18" sliver sti rims ?? , enkei gtc01, or works emotion.
looking for something which is diffrent and pref a lighter coloured rim. deff not racer style

Also looking at what parts i can get from subaru japan , as they have lots more to choose from than or aus dealer??

thats it for now. as i sit and wait for it to be ready there will be more updates as i go.

aekOne's Photo aekOne 16 Jul 2012

good to see some gen 5's starting to get modified! looking forward to seeing how the journey goes

congrats on the purchase mate :)

Beckers's Photo Beckers 16 Jul 2012

Forget the paint protection, it's a load of shit.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 17 Jul 2012

I'd go 19" or 20" non-bling, low offset wheels - the guards on these are Posted Image'ing huge.

And also, did you order/pay for all the STi parts thru the dealer?

br wags's Photo br wags 17 Jul 2012

time for a update, although not a new car(15.000 km) so near new having real probs with docklands over the condition of the paint work on this wagon. seems there detailer doesnt know how to buff a car! finding paintwork deff not good, paint being so thin and showing marks light scratch's
so close to wanting to walk away from this right now so bloody frustrated right now

As for wheels although 19' would be good really need to use the excisting tyres as they still have 90% tread so 18" is the go for now.

Yes all sti parts have been ordered from the dealer, but kinda frustrated as to what they have avaliable right now(which is little to none)

Has any one ordered direct from subaru japan?? thing is as from the pics ive listed(another thread) ive seen some extras front b/bar add on lcd lights and door molding which add to the overall suby goodness.
luv to find out how i could go about getting these if anyone has done it before?

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 17 Jul 2012

Go to the STi Japan site, find your model and the accessory list, write down what part numbers they are and email Jesse Streeter - you'll save a fortune.
Might aswell look them up on japanparts.com too

yeah looked on japan parts , know this is going to sound a stupid knob question but jesse is he a member on here? first time ive ever heard him mentioned in any posts. but thanks for the tips jimmy

aekOne's Photo aekOne 17 Jul 2012

here ya go mate: http://jessestreeter.com/

thanks aek & jimmy for the info :yahoo:

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 17 Jul 2012

Theyre really growing on me the Gen5 wagons. Especially seeing some that are modded in Japan.

Wheel idea's.....

http://forum.liberty...w=unread#unread

br wags's Photo br wags 20 Jul 2012

Another update

_window tint sorted(darkest legal tint)

_Japan spec plush pile mat set, including rear mat .... import monster

_Damd spoiler set

Posted Image

Posted Image

_subaru japan gen side door moldings ......... import monster

with that the budject has now taken a big hit :blush:
making a decision on wheels tommorow

4 days and counting till car is ready to pick up.......cant wait!

bd-850's Photo bd-850 20 Jul 2012

hell yeah on body kit, i have no doubt you will pick a awesome set of rims

br wags's Photo br wags 23 Jul 2012

Well after trawling the internet, here and other sites trying to find the right rims.Not being very real keen on black, or grey, deff no stupid chrome or any other strange combo's i settled on a choice of three rim styles.
as mentioned the enkei gtc 01 , rota gravel, or the sti rims.the work emotions i could get in the colour i liked.
And with the br's strange wheel ofset 18x7.5 5x100 55 ofset it didnt give me many options to play with.

The best i could end up with with was the 18x8 with a 43-40 ofset so at least some choices.

Went looking for pricing on the eneki's and anything else around(leaving my options open)No one has stock of the eneki's and a 8month wait on them,and nothing else being of interest left me with the rota or sti rims.With one being a copy of sorts i found a set of sti's rims of ebay for half the price(some gutter damage) so for now they will be repaired and swaped over once repaired.
Although not really what i wanted they are by far a better looking rim than the standard crap rim on the car now.
The gtc will have to wait for now

Maybe look at the gtc futher down the track
Pics will follow soon

Shaz's Photo Shaz 23 Jul 2012

The Rota Gravels look good Craig, but I'd be going for a bit wider then 8". Maybe 8.5 / 9"?

Whats the PCD of a Gen5? 5x114.3 or 5x100

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 23 Jul 2012

Love the DAMD skirt lips.

Dont put ROTA's on it.

Theres a set of the exact rims in the above image for sale on clubliberty.

WORK Varianza in 19 x 8 +45. Would be perfect to fill the arches of the Gen5.

http://forum.liberty...php?f=3&t=16894

mmm see thats the prob with the rota's and others they are mostly avaliable in the 5x114.3 fitment(wrx) while the suby has stuck with the 5x100 with a 55 ofset as said in the post tints .Have thought about 35+ ofset but then you start running into other issue's. But i think 8.5 maybe the limit to rim width without rubbing???

crusin just saw that post on the works, dam would have worked well but the money is spent now :blush: sadly

hell crusin now you got me thinkin about those rims mate........................
whos chasing some sti rims?? people

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 23 Jul 2012

Sti rims sell easily enough. ;)

br wags's Photo br wags 24 Jul 2012

thanks to crusin i am now in talks with the owner of those works rims, you got me tempted now and i got to have them lol

simon's Photo simon 24 Jul 2012

Do it!!!!! They will look dope

WORK Varianza in 19 x 8 +45.

http://forum.liberty...php?f=3&t=16894