3 replies to this topic

#1 Jober

Jober

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi All

First time caller, long time listener and looking to tap into your knowledge (as mine is severly lacking).
I have a 2001 Liberty B4 (recent engine re-build due to big end failure and is currently in run-in tune mode). It's pretty much stock standard except for ECUTEK tune.
Anywho, I have fault code P1199 - Diff Pressure Sensor popping up. Can anyone shed some light on what could potentially be causing this?

Thanks

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hi mate,

That is a sensor that takes a reading from the intake manifold and the outlet of the secondary turbo to determine how much of the exhaust control valve opens to bring the secondary turbo up to near operating speed near 4000-4500rpm (VOD territory)

Not sure what could be causing it though. Perhaps one of the aids TT owners on here might be able to tell you. Alex? Josh?

Cheers,
Shazza

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

the dP sensor lives on the firewall on the passenger side. It has 2 hoses running it, one goes to the second turbo, the other goes to the solenoid box. Make sure the hoses are connected and the wiring plug is connected.
Try swapping the hoses around, if they have been connected backwards, it will cause the error code and it will boost cut.

#4 Jober

Jober

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for that. Will have a look when I get a chance and report back. Tried contacting Subaru service departments about it but they seemed clueless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users