#1 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hey guys, apparently Ford Aus will make an important announcement today at about 11.... Anyone got any theories as to what this may be?

#2 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hybrid of some sort? Do they do any at the moment? Either that or "your all fired".

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#3 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

They will either cease production of cars in Australia, or announce increased production in Australia to export markets due to the falling AU$. Will be very interesting considering the self protectionist attitude the Yanks have to their own workforce, even though they can't build cars, and the company is on the brink of collapse. That along with GM and Chrysler being almost dead also. The Japs have F**ked them.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#4 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

They will either cease production of cars in Australia, or announce increased production in Australia to export markets due to the falling AU$.
Will be very interesting considering the self protectionist attitude the Yanks have to their own workforce, even though they can't build cars, and the company is on the brink of collapse.
That along with GM and Chrysler being almost dead also. The Japs have F**ked them.

Maybe they'll announce they have another "all new" car that looks almost exactly the same as the outgoing model with a slight tweak to the headlights?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#5 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

Well it looks as though Ford will comply the inline 6 for Euro 4 which means the Orion V6 engine from the states will not go into the Falcon, also meaning the Geelong engine plant will stay open afterall :D Good news for the workers there.

#6 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:13 AM

Nice. I6 > V6. Just because I6 sounds awesome.
TSM

#7 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

Old news if you work in the auto industry. ;)

OEM+

#8 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:02 PM

Old news if you've had anything to do with Mr.Logic at all in your life time.
TSM

#9 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

Old news if you work in the auto industry. ;)

I do :D and it only become "official" as of 11something today :D

#10 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Nice.
I6 > V6.

Just because I6 sounds awesome.

I6 is balanced... V6 is not...

also another reason I6 > V6

2mmwi1w.jpg

#11 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

I'm not surprised that the I6 is staying. It's a far superior powerplant that the Orion that they were planning to implent in 2010. Given that the FG has just come out and won't be due for a dramatic upgrade for another 5/6 years it makes complete sense to keep the current drive train compared to engineering a whole new car within two years. I guess this means that front wheel drive for the falcon has also been dropped??? It would be great to see an AWD varient of their performance models though.

#12 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image

#13 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:51 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

omfg... sig worthy, that is all.
TSM

#14 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

omfg... sig worthy, that is all.

why is that??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I6

"An inline six engine is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance, which can be achieved without using a balance shaft. The engine is in primary balance because the front and rear trio of cylinders are mirror images and the pistons move in pairs. That is, piston #1 balances #6, #2 balances #5, and #3 balances #4, largely eliminating the polar rocking motion that would otherwise result. Secondary imbalance is avoided because an inline six cylinder crankshaft has six crank throws arranged in three planes displaced at 120 degrees. The result is that differences in piston speed at any given point in rotation are effectively canceled.

An inline four cylinder or V6 engine without a balance shaft will experience secondary dynamic imbalance, resulting in engine vibration. As a general rule, the forces arising from any dynamic imbalance increase as the square of the engine speed—that is, if the speed doubles, vibration will increase by a factor of four. In contrast, inline six engines have no primary or secondary imbalances, and with carefully designed crankshaft vibration dampers to absorb torsional vibration, will run more smoothly at the same crankshaft speed (RPM). This characteristic has made the inline six popular in some European sports-luxury cars, where smooth high-speed performance and good fuel economy are desirable. As engine reciprocating forces increase with the cube of piston mass, inline six is a preferred configuration for large truck engines.[6]
"

so how about you STFU... ok?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#15 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

why is that??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I6

"An inline six engine is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance, which can be achieved without using a balance shaft. The engine is in primary balance because the front and rear trio of cylinders are mirror images and the pistons move in pairs. That is, piston #1 balances #6, #2 balances #5, and #3 balances #4, largely eliminating the polar rocking motion that would otherwise result. Secondary imbalance is avoided because an inline six cylinder crankshaft has six crank throws arranged in three planes displaced at 120 degrees. The result is that differences in piston speed at any given point in [i]rotation are effectively canceled.

An inline four cylinder or V6 engine without a balance shaftwill experience secondary dynamic imbalance, resulting in engine vibration. As a general rule, the forces arising from any dynamic imbalance increase as the square of the engine speed—that is, if the speed doubles, vibration will increase by a factor of four. In contrast, inline six engines have no primary or secondary imbalances, and with carefully designed crankshaft vibration dampers to absorb torsional vibration, will run more smoothly at the same crankshaft speed (RPM). This characteristic has made the inline six popular in some European sports-luxury cars, where smooth high-speed performance and good fuel economy are desirable. As engine reciprocating forces increase with the cube of piston mass, inline six is a preferred configuration for large truck engines.[6]
"

so how about you STFU... ok?

I6 cranks flex under heavy load.
All engines have counter balanced cranks, minus the Subaru H4's....

So hows about you STFU, untill you have a clue yeah?
TSM

#16 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:59 PM

Aww wheres the love?

OEM+

#17 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

*BIG HUGZ FOR CRUISN* Wait till tonight big boi...
TSM

#18 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

ok... so i'm wrong when i said that an inline 6 is balanced when this website clearly states "An inline six engine is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance, which can be achieved without using a balance shaft" maybe i should have said... "I6 is more balanced than a V6"

2mmwi1w.jpg

#19 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

ok... so i'm wrong when i said that an inline 6 is balanced when this website clearly states "An inline six engine is in perfect primary and secondary mechanical balance, which can be achieved without using a balance shaft"

maybe i should have said... "I6 is more balanced than a V6"

Lesson learnt, dont trust wiki.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

You're still wrong. It all totally depends on the engine, and how its been designed. So for you to say: "I6 > orion V6" is very nieve. As you don't have a clue about what the actuall designs are. You have no idea what engineering has gone into either engine.
TSM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users