• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

I had a closer look at my tyres yesterday and you can actually see that the inside and outside walls have worn right down. At first I thought it was just the outer. A bit of a weird way for it to wear down? Im wondering if its a combination of soft sidewalls and not enough pressure.

Im also going to get my mechanic at the next service to check and replace with any buses he thinks are worn.

#22 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

Man, the way you described it sounded as though you had some serious abnormal tyre wear. Should have asked for a pic sooner.

That wear isn't too bad and is reasonably even considering those tyres look pretty old.

#23 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Man, the way you described it sounded as though you had some serious abnormal tyre wear. Should have asked for a pic sooner.

That wear isn't too bad and is reasonably even considering those tyres look pretty old.

lol,..the sides are worn down to the indicators, and the rest of the tyre looks like it still has 25 percent left to go. Im still going to have to change them though right?

#24 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

If my tyres were cracked like that I would be replacing them, no matter how worn they are!

#25 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Just got the fronts changed and will leave the rears for a bit longer. Car also had an alignment and they found that just about everything was out :) The wheels all run some slight camber anyway, about -00°10-00 °20, in front and -00 °40 in the rear so they dialled in some very minor toe in as well. Will see how it feels on the way to work this evening.

Got some Potenza RE002 for the replacement tyres!

#26 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'd tell them to get as much negative camber as they could all round - as long as they kept the toe to 0.00.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#27 BigWillieStyles

BigWillieStyles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'd tell them to get as much negative camber as they could all round - as long as they kept the toe to 0.00.

Will do once I lower it! I dont think I can be bothered saving for coils, might just go for some springs and get another alignment!

Anyone have some springs they want to part with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users