aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image

Subaru Canada, a subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries, has unveiled the new all-wheel drive 2013 Subaru Tribeca SUV.

The new SUV is powered by a 3.6litre 24-valve DOHC SUBARU BOXER engine which will generate an output of 247lbft of torque at 4,400 rpm and 256hp at 6,000 rpm.

According to the carmaker, the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual direct control automatic transmission and its features include a a dual active valve control system (Dual AVCS), variable valve timing on both the intake and exhaust valves.

Safety features of the new SUV include standard 4-wheel disc brakes with the company's four-wheel, four-channel, four-sensor anti-lock braking system (ABS), vehicle dynamics control (VDC) electronic stability system, electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), in addition to symmetrical full-time all-wheel drive and brake assist.

The 2013 Tribeca also features a brake override feature that lowers engine output when both the brake and the throttle pedal are depressed simultaneously, ensuring a drama-free stop.

This info and more can be found at: http://manufacturing...ness-review.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Looks like every company is trying to avoid the Toyota PR/recall nightmare that was throttles over-riding the braking system...

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

I like it, looks like a big forester, sort of.
Much better than the earlier models Tribeca's.
Don't like the brake overide system. I drive auto's with 2 feet, One on each pedal.
That way I can stall up the auto while braking then release the brake & fly out of a corner.

#4 WALKER

WALKER

SAM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

looks like a big forester, sort of.

+1

mashed in with the new OUTBACK

lol

Posted Image

#5 AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar

BMW driver on a Subaru forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Pfft my bimmer has more torque then that with the new engine.

/chime out

EHUf263.jpg?3

Get out of my thread.

#6 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

The only good thing about the Tribeca, is when someone decides to jam the 3.6L into something else.

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Looks American. Looks like it's straight out the the Chrysler jeep dodge stable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users