55 replies to this topic

#1 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

i bought some at a bargain price... after having a quick look; it seems that the fronts are a direct bolt in to my gen2, but the base of the rear doesn't seem to be. if i can't use the whole set it seems a shame to split them and only use the fronts. anyone have any ideas on how to get the rears to fit? or if they do fit and i'm just a tard and haven't looked properly...? also, where would be a good place to source power for the powered front drivers seat?? seen as my gen2 doesn't have powered seats.

2mmwi1w.jpg

#2 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:36 PM

How much and where did you source them from? Sounds like you'll need a bracket fabricated for the back??? However, I thought they were a straight swap? Mark has Gen3 GTB seats in his wagon..

#3 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

Brackets needed to be made for the botton of the rear, GEN3's clip in underneath. What i did was remove the plastic cover to expose the metal hook, make up a bracket from aluminum and put a bolt through the top to attach to the seat then another at the bottom to bolt into original location.
MY02 Liberty B4

#4 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

Brackets needed to be made for the botton of the rear, GEN3's clip in underneath. What i did was remove the plastic cover to expose the metal hook, make up a bracket from aluminum and put a bolt through the top to attach to the seat then another at the bottom to bolt into original location.

you made up a bracket??

lol... can u make me some??? i'll pay... :P

i just don't have the necessary skillz to do that kinda stuff...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#5 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

How much and where did you source them from?

Sounds like you'll need a bracket fabricated for the back??? However, I thought they were a straight swap? Mark has Gen3 GTB seats in his wagon..

$600 for all 4 (3?? lol)... and i got them from eBay... the chick brought the car into the country from japland as a rally car... she's stripping it out for track use...

needless to say... i recommended she join up so she can share her story... lol

she (and her husband) also had a beemer and 2 evos stripped out for track use...

well i haven't checked under my seats, but the gen3 ones clip in, but the gen2 ones bolt on at the front...

maybe the gen2 has a clip in slot too?? *shrug*

i'm gonna check tomorrow....

any idea on where to source power for the drivers seat?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#6 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

Have you sussed out the seat belt stalks for the front seats yet? The seats have constant 12V to them, so just grab power from the live side of the fuse panel and the put an inline fuse in it 15A from memory. Grab the earth from any good chassis point.

OEM+

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

Not a bad price at all! Good job. You should write up a DIY of your progress.

#8 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:34 PM

Have you sussed out the seat belt stalks for the front seats yet?

The seats have constant 12V to them, so just grab power from the live side of the fuse panel and the put an inline fuse in it 15A from memory. Grab the earth from any good chassis point.

is this easier said than done? or is it pretty obvious where i can take power from?

and what's the problem with the seat belt stalks??

2mmwi1w.jpg

#9 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:38 AM

is this easier said than done? or is it pretty obvious where i can take power from?

RSK seats?! Bastard! You don't even have suspension good enough to make use of them yet :P

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#10 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:39 AM

Good shiznizzle Tristan man! Nice score! I'm happy to stand around scratching my head with you trying to sus it out if you wanna have a cruise up my way. I might even have a handy friend or two that could lend a hand (car electronics has never been my thing). Now all you need is some new struts + springs ;)

#11 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:18 AM

you made up a bracket??

lol... can u make me some??? i'll pay... :P

i just don't have the necessary skillz to do that kinda stuff...

Drive to canberra and ill do it for you.
MY02 Liberty B4

#12 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

RSK seats?! Bastard! You don't even have suspension good enough to make use of them yet :P

if you offer me a good price i'll give them up... lol...

i'm always happy to make a profit... :D

though they are nice seats... and i now realise how shit my seats are... :P

Good shiznizzle Tristan man! Nice score! I'm happy to stand around scratching my head with you trying to sus it out if you wanna have a cruise up my way. I might even have a handy friend or two that could lend a hand (car electronics has never been my thing).

Now all you need is some new struts + springs ;)

i might just do that man... it's just such a pain to chuck them all in my car again...

one thing i'll miss when i put them in is the magic rear seats... the RSK ones only have a ski port...

sure you don't wanna cruise my way with a car load of mates?? :P

alternatively, i'm gonna have a look tonight if u wanna come over after work...?

Drive to canberra and ill do it for you.

AHHH!!! too far... but so tempting...

i need to get them in somehow i guess...

hmmmm........................

sure you don't wanna just make some up and i'll throw some monies into ur bank account??? :P

2mmwi1w.jpg

#13 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

Aye man. I'd recommend just trying front drivers, and maybe passengers tonight and leaving rears till at least weekend. You don't want to rip em out then run in to problems (and run out of light) then have to put it all back in again to make your car legal. Tonight is no good for me either :( Just put fronts in - it's enough bling factor for cruise this weekend ;)

#14 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Aye man.

I'd recommend just trying front drivers, and maybe passengers tonight and leaving rears till at least weekend. You don't want to rip em out then run in to problems (and run out of light) then have to put it all back in again to make your car legal.

Tonight is no good for me either :( Just put fronts in - it's enough bling factor for cruise this weekend ;)

yeah...

i just need to figure out where to run power from...

i'm sure it can't be that hard...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#15 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

I want some now... Better save some money.. Getting the wheels painted and new rubber put on hit the bank balance pretty hard... Come on Christmas bonus!!!!

#16 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Pretty easy if you know what your doing. If not, get someone who does or take it to an Autoelectrician.

Gen3 stalks are different to Gen2 meaning your seat belts wont clip into them. You have to unbolt the stalks from your Gen2 seat and bolt them onto the Gen3 seats. Pretty straight forward, except the Gen2 stalks are straight and the Gen3 ones are offset. Using a vice, you will be able to replicate the offset into your Gen2 ones. (if your an axe with big arms. :D )

OEM+

#17 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Nice find Tristan! Make sure the seats have the lumbar adjustment lever unlike our current seats :P

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#18 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:00 PM

Make sure the seats have the lumbar adjustment lever unlike our current seats :P

They dont have adjustable lumbar.

OEM+

#19 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:03 PM

They dont have adjustable lumbar.

The RSK's don't? :huh:

I've noticed both my car and Tristan's don't have the lumbar adjustment lever because its visibly been removed, hence the holes in our upholstery...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#20 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

The RSK's don't? :huh:

I've noticed both my car and Tristan's don't have the lumbar adjustment lever because its visibly been removed, hence the holes in our upholstery...

My drivers seat has lumbar adjustment. It's completely useless. Might as well put a chopstick behind you.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users