6 replies to this topic

#1 Mimic

Mimic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Subaru, Rally, Music, Film, Ladies

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

Just a silly question cause I can't be bothered reading the manual! With the 4 speed sport shift when I first change over a green light comes up on the dash that says "sport", but as soon as I change up or down a gear the light goes off. Is that normal?

#2 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, cause sports mode uses the Auto shift, but stretches out the gears and doesn't use over drive, all on it's own.. When you shift, your taking off sports mode, and it's classifying it as manual.

#3 Mimic

Mimic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thanks man..

#4 Mimic

Mimic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

Another question about the Sport Shift. I have normal auto mode, and the manual mode, and also sport mode. Is Sport Mode supposed to automatically change gears like in auto mode? Because when I put it in Sport Mode it just stays in the one gear. Is it right or is it stuffed?

#5 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:44 PM

My dad's '08 spec.b gt changes gears when it pleases when its in 'manual' mode. Frustrating as ALL hell...although when I say 'when it pleases' its just on redline ;)

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#6 Mimic

Mimic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:54 AM

Well that didn't really anwser my question!

#7 GTandy

GTandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

In my Gen 4 GT the automatic modes are like this. Normal - Just moving the selector to the Drive position. (Drive light on dash on) Sport - Moving the selector to Sport position. (Drive light on dash off, Sport light on) Manual - The is engaged by either moving the selector forward or back while in Sport or using the shift buttons on the steering wheel. (Drive & Sport lights off, LED gear display on) While Manual is engaged, the only way i have worked out to put it back into normal automatic mode, is the move the selector back to the Drive position (normal). The selectable gears while in manual mode are limited by what is possible with the current speed and engine revs. Eg. max gear selectable at standstill is 2nd, and car will refuse to down change if gear at the current speed exceeds max engine rpm. My GT will not up change by itself when in manual, and will bounce off the rev limiter. But it will down change if the revs are getting to low. I have also heard that the automatics in different years behave in different ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users