7 replies to this topic

#1 justrad

justrad

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hey guys, does anyone tried to setup and connect the hella super tones on their gen3 lib RX? How did it go? Query, on attaching it to the radiator brace. Is it need to undo all the bolts from the radiator brace ( front) so that i can undo the bolts that were connected to the stock horns. or needs to be pull the whole radiator off? I did take some photos ( stock), I'm planning to DIY this coming school holidays...I've check, also that the horns attach with bracket, is not enough space at the back to undo the nuts. Any ideas? Is there any how to...on this, with setting up with hella tones, photos included would be great.
Thanks,

#2 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I connected mine to the stock horn bolts with the provided mounting brackets (all of them stacked together for strength and then bolted). Basically just replaced the stock ones. Made my own little loom up to connect the negative to the body (used one of the bonnet latch bolts) and plugged them straight into the stock horn wires without any extra relays etc. Haven't cooked the stock relay or fuse in the couple times I have hit them, plenty loud enough for me on that setup. It appears that I don't have a photo for you though. I guess you could even connect the earth/negative like the stock ones, to the mount, then to the stock wires. But we felt a new wire would be better. To do it 'properly' you should use the provided relay and do a full on loom up for it - but I was lazy and it works :P

#3 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

gen2 has 2 8mm holes either side of the bonnet latch on the top radiator support, does the gen3 have this?
it was perfect location for mine
i left the stock horns connected, tapped into the horn wire to trigger my relay to power my ST's
works fine.. and easy as piss.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#4 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hella tones are ****.

OEM+

#5 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I want a set that plays skrillex.

Would look sick with my sideways brimmed hat and my Monster sticker coz Ken Block is sick.

#6 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hella tones are ****.

#7 jakefake

jakefake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I used this little picture when I did mine and it worked a treat, took about 45mins on the street in the dark to do, They also mount up straight where there stock ones go
​USE THE RELAY SUPPLIED THEY WILL BE LOUDER.

Posted Image

#8 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yeah its the running a new wire to the battery that put me off using the relay, its not like you're installing a set of 200w driving lights or a fully sick subwoofer. I like how they look through the grill, the sound was secondary and I scored mine cheap on eBay. Was tempted to change their colour but never got around to it.

Its fairly ear piercing through the stock wires, the relay only added a bit more. Each to their own, depends on the car and its loom I suppose. Dad has a set of italian triple air horns that we put on cars that come with shitty squeekers but there wasn't much room in there because racecar :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users