• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

So two night ago I finished work late and when I opened my car my shit was all over the place and glove box ect. open. I had a look to see if anything was stolen which wasn't, and thought I got away lucky when I went to put my key in the ingnition it wouldn't fit........

So the low life **** tried to steal my car with a pair of scissors... Snapped the tip off in the barrel. Called a few locksmiths that didn't think they could do anything and one thats says they are 24/7 but when called he said its a fee of $200 just to come out but he wouldn't be coming out. As I really wanted to get my car home.

Luckly I know a guy that use to work on all kinds of safe's and locks. So he managed to get the bit out and I was able to drive it home.

Now I have a question, Would a 99 WRX cylinder work in my Liberty RX? How do I go about taking the old one out?

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

You would probably be better off replacing it with a complete set of locks with 2 keys. Might need to have the alarm fiddled too, depending on how the immobiliser works. Have a look in the factory manual as far as the replacement of ignition barrels goes. Not an easy job though, and needs specific tools. Probably best to get someone who knows what they are doing. My thoughts.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

absolute ***** of a job (excuse the french) done it once never again. so time consuming. then when it was all done we were stuck cuz the key then needed to be coded.

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#4 MrSober88

MrSober88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

What alarm would people recommend?

I don't think mine has any alarm what so ever in it, Just an immobliser?

#5 HowFarToAsgaard

HowFarToAsgaard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

What alarm would people recommend?

Some fishing wire and a claymore
Seriously these people deserve to die!

#6 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

i have a few key barrels with keys spare and the factory key reader if you need one
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users