←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

P Platers allowed to drive turbo?(NSW)

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 15 Dec 2012

C'mon guys. I don't think we have another (I'm not even going to say his name) on our hands here.

RIP.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 15 Dec 2012

Hi,

Nah, Posted Image him, he talked shit on us. Burn.

Randomly, it looks like I'm going to be in Charters Towers next year.

Can't wait.

Cheers,
Nik

Zach.'s Photo Zach. 16 Dec 2012

I'm not getting involved in rahrah, but a guy i know had a manual fpv fg f6 tornado on his green p's wasn't under any restrictions for work or anything like that either.

I've seen plenty of p platers in sydney driving gt foresters as well whether it was under an exemption or not i don't know.

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 16 Dec 2012

I'm not getting involved in rahrah, but a guy i know had a manual fpv fg f6 tornado on his green p's wasn't under any restrictions for work or anything like that either.

I've seen plenty of p platers in sydney driving gt foresters as well whether it was under an exemption or not i don't know.

I have a fair few P plater's rocking around in SS's and turbo Nissans. I'm guessing the ol' need to tow a trailer for work or getting the boss to sign an exemption trick is well over played.

Fair enough if you don't care for the rules. But the rules are enforced to prevent accidents/ tragedies from happening etc. Driving around in a restricted car is only going to make the rules stricter and ruin it further for the people who are doing the right things.

AussieTemplar's Photo AussieTemplar 16 Dec 2012

My guess is kids not realising that driving their mum or dad's Forest GT is illegal.. a stock as a rock 2012 forester GT doesn't look "fast" or fully sick.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 16 Dec 2012

Hi,

But they'll top out around 200+

*XT

Cheers,
Nik

SC00BY's Photo SC00BY 17 Dec 2012

Honestly I don't care about what it looks like, I just want the boost for the adrenaline rush haha that moment of when its at full boost and the screamer pipe opens up and end up being like shit that's fast :L I've driven an r32 gtr, s15 spec r and a lancer gsr 4g63t converted that used to spin thirds so I don't think being sensible in a forester GT would be hard? Anyway my decisions were already made and I've started pulling the donk out of the parts car for my liberty :)

Sam's Photo Sam 17 Dec 2012

Posted Image me seriously?

U-Shell's Photo U-Shell 17 Dec 2012

People like you are the reason we have hoon laws.

ams's Photo ams 17 Dec 2012

Anyway my decisions were already made and I've started pulling the donk out of the parts car for my liberty :)

Then I see no reason for this thread to continue, it's getting way too off topic anyway.