Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi guys,

Yep, its another Brant problem.

Bit of background first- in the hot weather my car quite regularly wouldn't start. The starter would crank but it wasn't getting any fuel. I diagnosed that the CEL wasn't coming on and the fuel pump was not priming. To 'fix' the issue I would have to take the key out, put it back in, try turning it to accessory to get the CEL light to come on about 10 times before it actually would!

I took the car to Boxer Service up here in Brisbane and they 'removed' the Brant system which appeared to solve the issue for about 4 weeks. Now all of a sudden the problem has re-emerged with a vengeance and its so bad that the above fix isn't working AT ALL. Ie my car is unable to be started due to the fuel pump not running.

(very close to burning this fricken B4 to the ground as I am so pissed off with it lately)

I am trying to locate the Brant PC Board module so I can do this DIY from rexnet:

http://www.rexnet.co...e-to-start-fix/

Does anyone know exactly where it is on a MY02 B4 before i tear apart my whole dash looking for it!? I have taken off the glovebox and it doesn't appear to be where it is in the DIY for what I assume to be a WRX.

Cheers
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#2 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Try either under the steering column, Behind the climate control unit or even under the centre console.

Some techs fitted them in different places.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#3 Scott

Scott

Formerly LiBeRtY Gx AwD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

on the imprezas they fitted them next to the glovebox, might be in the same spot, and the quicktrack mine was under the clock panel

#4 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

I am fairly sure mine is down beside the glove box under the radio. But I could be wrong. When I enter the pin or wake the alarm. There is a 'tick' from that location. I don't trust mine but atleast it hasn't exactly changed in behaviour since I bought the car.

#5 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

main one is left hand side off steering wheel above clutch pedal, (thats the pin code one) the alarm and locking its remove glove box left hand side top dash
Posted Image

#6 b4libby

b4libby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Mate did u get this sorted? I've had similar issues and removed the Brandt module myself (left of steering column) and now periodically on hot days it has an issue as well n CEL wont come on and fuel pump wont prime ..... Thinking they're may be a dry joint etc in my rewire?

#7 Jovi

Jovi

When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:When one set of Twins is Just not enough.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Mate did u get this sorted? I've had similar issues and removed the Brandt module myself (left of steering column) and now periodically on hot days it has an issue as well n CEL wont come on and fuel pump wont prime ..... Thinking they're may be a dry joint etc in my rewire?

there are 3 wires that need to be put back to factory on the steering wheel side and fuse box...on left side there is also another wire going to the fuel pump relay and 2 more kills to the ecu...
Posted Image

#8 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Try this next time it happens....

Lower the steering column to the lowest setting then slam it back to the top. Should hear the pump prime. Fixed..... Ghetto style.....or not!

#9 QuangB

QuangB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi exactly the same problem, yep it is a brant problem, my mechanical said there are a few control modules for the brant, the main one from what i understand is next to the glovebox near the main relay, gotta take out the glovebox and side kick panel.
Sorry i don't know exactly which module it is in that area as there a few of them.
To rectify the problem i got my whole alarm removed. Is your alarm completely removed? or are you still using the keypad?
Immobiliser is a separate system to the brant so that should still be fine.
Try hitting the passenger side kick panel or slamming the passenger door while in accessory mode thats the way i got the cel to come on.

#10 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Try hitting the passenger side kick panel or slamming the passenger door while in accessory mode thats the way i got the cel to come on.

:sarcastic:

Funny cause it's true.

Every brant has it's sweet spot. You just have to locate it :D

#11 b4libby

b4libby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

there are 3 wires that need to be put back to factory on the steering wheel side and fuse box...on left side there is also another wire going to the fuel pump relay and 2 more kills to the ecu...

Cheers Jovi, I have put all wires back to factory & it normally runs fine just occasionally on hot days it sometimes won't start and once or twice it has cut out whilst driving, I'm going to re- solder all joints I rewired & see if that cuts it.
I meant to ask have you got any pics of your blitz fmic install, your mounting points and pipe route cuz you kept your foggies didn't you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users