3 replies to this topic

#1 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys,

The sub has never worked since i bought my Liberty B4. Is there anything in particular i need to check? All the other speakers and tweeters are working.

Do I simply do the AA battery test on the sub wires? If the sub is dead, what's a cheap plug and play replacement? Or does anyone have a spare they'd like to sell?

Thanks.

Jason.

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Have you checked the amp wiring under the driver seat. Beer bottles might have knocked loose the wires.

#3 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

The green plug with all the wires appear to be connected fine. And there's a thicker black cable which looks fine too.

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

If it hasnt been disconnected in the boot, disconnect and test it with a 9V battery. If it moves, and doesnt make scraping sounds as it moves, it could be the amp or the HU. Check front/rear bias as well as bass level. Failing that, plug another speaker into the sub output cables and see if it works. Not many components that can fail there.
Unless something has been disconnected, its probably not faulty wiring. Most amps will go into protection and shutdown if there is a fault on any of the channels, and then you get no sound.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users