21 replies to this topic

#1 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

I had to put my Grand Vitara over the pits today so as I was in the area I went to Pickles for a look as there were a few subi's coming up & I din't have anything better to do, I had no intention of buying anything but had a quick look at a 97GX Identical to what mine was like when it was stock, grey mica 2.2 auto, had a smack in the front l/h front guard, looks like it needs a bonnet, headlight & support bracket and part of the inner guard, front bumper, A arm & probably a wheel, I honestly didn't have a very good look but from what I saw it was pretty tidy, will have a good look tomorrow. Between a mate of mine & I we have every part we need already (even the nose cut) so the only outlay should be for paint, do you think I paid too much at ................wait for it.............................$650.00............can't resist a bargain lol. I only paid $400 for the Vitara, should be the only black/silver 99 one in WA for sale on Carsales (just put the add up)......But we did a heap of work to it.
98 Liberty, V3 STI running gear, CAI & 3" TBE, pulled a 13.09 @ 104mph

http://au.youtube.co...h?v=TKrsF-2JS3M
In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#2 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

I had to put my Grand Vitara over the pits today so as I was in the area I went to Pickles for a look as there were a few subi's coming up & I din't have anything better to do, I had no intention of buying anything but had a quick look at a 97GX Identical to what mine was like when it was stock, grey mica 2.2 auto, had a smack in the front l/h front guard, looks like it needs a bonnet, headlight & support bracket and part of the inner guard, front bumper, A arm & probably a wheel, I honestly didn't have a very good look but from what I saw it was pretty tidy, will have a good look tomorrow.
Between a mate of mine & I we have every part we need already (even the nose cut) so the only outlay should be for paint, do you think I paid too much at ................wait for it.............................$650.00............can't resist a bargain lol.
I only paid $400 for the Vitara, should be the only black/silver 99 one in WA for sale on Carsales (just put the add up)......But we did a heap of work to it.

wow nice work

gonna keep it or fix it an sell it?

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#3 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

I've already got 3 lol, it'll be gone as soon as it's fixed & regoed.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#4 Rob

Rob

Previously known as OriaDae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

lol fair enough, should make a tidy profit on that one.

▀▄..▄▀▄..▄▀...█.................▄▀▀▄.............▄▀▀▄......................▄..............................▄▀▀▀▄
....█.....█.....█▀█..█▄█.......▀▄......█▀█.....▀▄.......▄▀▀▄...▄..▄...▄...▄▄▄...▄..▄...▄▀▀▄...▀...▄▀
..........................▄..█......▄ ▀▄...█▄█........▀▄....█▀▀.....█▀.....█...█..█...█..█....▀▄.........█
............................▀........▀▄▄▀.............▀▄▄▀....▀▀......▀.......▀..▀▀▀....▀▀▀..▀▄▄▀.......▄

#5 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

Hope so, not as much as the Suzuki but it's all pocket money & the mate & I go 50-50. It'll also make me get my arse into gear & put my GTB bumper on as I need mine for the new car, I test fitted some WRX skirts to mine last night, they fit perfect, just need a 5th one to cut & add the extra 4" in the middle which I have.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#6 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:56 AM

Bargain! GTB bar and wrx skirts will look tidy. Any plans for a rear bar/skirt?

OEM+

#7 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Bargain!

GTB bar and wrx skirts will look tidy. Any plans for a rear bar/skirt?

I've got a couple of different WRX rear skirts that I'll try but have to get around to taking them off the bumpers first........see what transpires.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#8 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

Well we took all the broken crap off today, it had bent the A arm & actually snapped the alloy piece that holds the back of it to the chassis in half & bent the bit on the X member back about an inch that the front bit is attached to......big pry bar & new arm & it's all sorted underneath, rad support is only pushed back where the headlight sits so we are going to try to straighten that & the inner guard instead of replacing it. Charged the battery & it started first kick & purred like a kitten so it's now drivable & we can get it off the trailer tomoz, it's got new brakes & tyres too, pretty good all over actually so ya gotta be happy with that lol.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#9 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:42 AM

Well we took all the broken crap off today, it had bent the A arm & actually snapped the alloy piece that holds the back of it to the chassis in half & bent the bit on the X member back about an inch that the front bit is attached to......big pry bar & new arm & it's all sorted underneath, rad support is only pushed back where the headlight sits so we are going to try to straighten that & the inner guard instead of replacing it.
Charged the battery & it started first kick & purred like a kitten so it's now drivable & we can get it off the trailer tomoz, it's got new brakes & tyres too, pretty good all over actually so ya gotta be happy with that lol.

jesus... good purchase...

does it need much more work before it will be registerable...?

2mmwi1w.jpg

#10 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Erm, Did you read that post you quoted? Sounds like a crap load of work. So long as you can sell it you'll be right.
TSM

#11 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

Not that much more really, the biggest worry was the steering etc which we fixed over about 4 hours last night, the tyre had actually come back & hit the back of the inner guard putting a small dent in it but the inner guard/headlight surround may be repairable, were gonna get my mates mate the panel beater to see if it's repairable & if not we have a complete nose cut from the strut towers forward sitting there so we can unpick the piece we need & cut the old one off to do swapsees, like i said we have every part needed except the fwd auto gearbox mount which we found last night was broken so I doubt it will owe us much more than $1,500 registered

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#12 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

Not that much more really, the biggest worry was the steering etc which we fixed over about 4 hours last night, the tyre had actually come back & hit the back of the inner guard putting a small dent in it but the inner guard/headlight surround may be repairable, were gonna get my mates mate the panel beater to see if it's repairable & if not we have a complete nose cut from the strut towers forward sitting there so we can unpick the piece we need & cut the old one off to do swapsees, like i said we have every part needed except the fwd auto gearbox mount which we found last night was broken so I doubt it will owe us much more than $1,500 registered

jesus... thats orite...

once again... good purchase

2mmwi1w.jpg

#13 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:18 AM

Took some snaps today.

The twins, exactly like mine when I bought it.

Posted Image

The damage, just cosmetic & didn't go near the rail.

Posted Image

Pulling it out, we decided to try fixing it instead of cutting up the nose cut, no great loss if it doesn't work.

Posted Image

Looking better but still a bit more to do, we unpicked the battery tray to make it easier.

Posted Image

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#14 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

In a new House Tom?

Nice pictures, though its not excatly the same now is it :D.
TSM

#15 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:54 AM

Nah doing it at my mates place, it would sit there for a year untouched if it was at mine, he is a real go getter, first night we did all the steering etc & yesterday we did the panel work above then stripped the interior & pressure blasted all the seats & door trims as they were pretty grubby, I would have been lucky to have taken the front wheel off lol., he also has plenty of room in the back yard, I have no access to mine so everything has to be done on a sloping driveway. P.S. I said it's exactly the same as mine WAS, except this one is only FWD, I'm almost tempted to swap boots over so everyone doesn't think mine is a poxy TT legacy but I like having the extra tail & stop lights & the center brake light.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#16 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Ahh fair enough, Seagulls house? Looks like a nice joint anyway.
TSM

#17 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

Erm..........................Could be.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#18 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Bahaha. Oh well, get back to it you slack old bastard!
TSM

#19 d_generate

d_generate

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

Nah, he's busy working on his race car today, we are hitting the drag strip tomoz, hoping to hit a high 12.

In the dunes^^^^^^^^^^

Posted Image

#20 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:41 PM

GX's are boring. Pictures of race car.