• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ObeTheOutback

ObeTheOutback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

does anyone know if I buy a JDM master switch to fold the mirrors as mine on the car now has not got the folding switch. Would it fit the two sockets on the bottom, and also would it be just a plug and play as the wires looks to exist already for power folding.

#2 ScoobyOutback

ScoobyOutback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:Cars, especially Subaru's. Bit of golf, surfing and Top Gear.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

What I can gather from what your asking is, no it wont. You'll have to do what I've done and buy a set of JDM mirrors which come with power fold in and heating. That means they come with an extra switch compared to ours and are completely different plugs on the back. They also need extra wiring put in for fold in and heated.

#3 ObeTheOutback

ObeTheOutback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

i brought legacy mirrors with LED blinkers on them, and now just saw a pair on Ebay saying they fold as well. The connector they came with didn't fit to the stock connector and have two extra wires coming from the mirrors which I presume they run the power folding? and another two for the blinkers. I'l try and get pictures up of they stock wiring and the aftermarket wiring up over the weekend.

Posted Image

Edited by ObeTheOutback, 23 April 2013 - 10:29 PM.

#4 ObeTheOutback

ObeTheOutback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Stock harness/connector on the left and aftermarket harness/connector on the right.. does anyone know what the brown/yellow strip and grey/black strip wires do.? also the purple wires do as well.?

Posted Image

And this is the stock adjustable mirror harness/connector just seeing if anyone can take a shot of the JDM ones so I can compare it with mine.. I presume the two pins at the top of the harness/connector control the folding.?

Posted Image

also hooked up the LED blinkers today works perfectly.

#5 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

I have the JDM mirrors, they fold but no heat - so i'm not sure i'll be any help

#6 ObeTheOutback

ObeTheOutback

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I have the JDM mirrors, they fold but no heat - so i'm not sure i'll be any help

Tim Yeah that help me work out which colour wires are for folding, The brown/yellow strip grey/black strip wires and or the purple ones. If you don't mind and have time to get a shot of the bottom of the master switch and the harness/connector near the mirrors itself that'll excellent for me to work out what goes where also then i can start looking for a JDM master switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users