←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Cre8ive's Gen 3

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 04 Jul 2013

Ok , I bit the bullet (pics to come) After procrastinating I finally THT my side panel indicators Black and I like it alot , something different than ugly orange or clear which everyone else has so it goes well with the silver/black theme I have going on with my Lib. I really need to do the rear lights now but a bit scared of doing it, anyone else got pics of it done to theirs? Also is it possible to replace the side indicator bulb with a LED one? I can't find any info anywhere but have a funny feeling its a whole sealed unit thing so can anyone shed any light? Now I also did the smoke plasti dip thing  tried smoking the windows in my caravan and the stuff is s@#t , the black/colour stuff is fantastic but the smoked stuff is rubbish turns out Grey and lumpy so save your pennies.Cheers Sandy

Guest_KONG_* 04 Jul 2013

Of course you can replace the blinker globe with an LED.  It is a T10 wedge type bulb.  Long ones wont fit so be sure to get a smaller compact LED. 

Samwise's Photo Samwise 04 Jul 2013

Of course you can replace the blinker globe with an LED.  It is a T10 wedge type bulb.  Long ones wont fit so be sure to get a smaller compact LED. 

You need an LED relay or you'll get hyperflash

Guest_KONG_* 05 Jul 2013

You need an LED relay or you'll get hyperflash

I dont

Morgan's Photo Morgan 05 Jul 2013

You only get hyperflash if the front or rear bulbs are led. The side ones are fine!

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 05 Jul 2013

Here's a couple of pics, I'll post some more tomoz in better light with tinted indicators

Attached Files

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 06 Jul 2013

Tinted indicators and carbon wrap interior centre console. Also do the side indicators just pop out or a twist out as I don't want to damage light or panel.

Attached Files

WALKER's Photo WALKER 06 Jul 2013

Ok , I bit the bullet (pics to come) After procrastinating I finally THT my side panel indicators Black and I like it alot , something different than ugly orange or clear which everyone else has so it goes well with the silver/black theme I have going on with my Lib. I really need to do the rear lights now but a bit scared of doing it, anyone else got pics of it done to theirs? Also is it possible to replace the side indicator bulb with a LED one? I can't find any info anywhere but have a funny feeling its a whole sealed unit thing so can anyone shed any light? Now I also did the smoke plasti dip thing  tried smoking the windows in my caravan and the stuff is s@#t , the black/colour stuff is fantastic but the smoked stuff is rubbish turns out Grey and lumpy so save your pennies.Cheers Sandy

The stock ones are actually LED as far as I'm aware :) (but yes, are a complete sealed unit)

I replaced mine with the clear forester/impreza indicators

You just pull the indicators to the left or right.. can't remember which way and they pop out. :)

Car looks awesome btw :)

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 06 Jul 2013

I don't think mine are LED's , they look stock, like crap incandescent poor light globes but I guess there's only one way to find out....

owen1r's Photo owen1r 07 Jul 2013

Was it easy to wrap the trim? I am thinking of doing this.

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 07 Jul 2013

Yes it was just need patience though, I might have some spare wrap lying around if you want it , must check though to see if I do.

AB501UT!0N's Photo AB501UT!0N 07 Jul 2013

Awesome pics Sandy and I like the dash carbon wrap it looks good :)

Also the height of the car is just right in my opinion and those subs must shake the car alittle :P

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 08 Jul 2013

Ok guys what ya think! I had a go at tinting the rear lights so what do you think? I didn't want to go too dark to attract unwanted attention by the police so 2 coats of THT. Ok so pics of before and afters.

Attached Files

jack_keaka's Photo jack_keaka 08 Jul 2013

wow!... hot dogs are $3.99!

jokes. looks good.

bobbyjimmy's Photo bobbyjimmy 08 Jul 2013

Take them to a panel beater and get them to put a coat of clear on - the night shades fades and ends up this crappy looking matte black.

Liberty's Photo Liberty 08 Jul 2013

Looking good. Well done.

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 08 Jul 2013

Wow, I am impressed. You are the first person I have seen that has not overdone it, or put it over clear sections. It looks almost identical to the real deal (and yes subaru did do a limited number of tinted 'SUBARU' garnishes).

Agree with bobbyjimmy though - keep it looking top notch, get it clear coated. It should also remove some of the matt on it in direct sunlight.

jack_keaka's Photo jack_keaka 08 Jul 2013

Wow, I am impressed. You are the first person I have seen that has not overdone it, or put it over clear sections. It looks almost identical to the real deal (and yes subaru did do a limited number of tinted 'SUBARU' garnishes).
Agree with bobbyjimmy though - keep it looking top notch, get it clear coated. It should also remove some of the matt on it in direct sunlight.

Weren't they the ones that came on the S401?

cre8ive's Photo cre8ive 08 Jul 2013

Thanks guys I think I did ok at my first go at tinting but will definitely give it a clear coat . I also have a genuine grillcraft front lower grill for a 06/7Wrx and toying with the idea of "customising" trimming the grill to fit the lib. So what do you guys think should I do it or not or if a WRX owner wants to offer me another aftermarket gen 3 bit will consider a trade

Attached Files

AB501UT!0N's Photo AB501UT!0N 08 Jul 2013

Agreed it looks great and clear coating does sound like a good idea and no you have a S401 garnish :) and good luck with the mesh grill I think it would look good I think and as always I love seeing what new ideas you have got for your car :)