My Gen 3 has an upset tummy, help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cre8ive

cre8ive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Do what you love and love what you do!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hi guys/gals took my baby 2001 gen 3 2.5i AUTOMATIC for a quick drive yesterday after tinting the lights , I did no spirited driving at all but after 20km drive, stationary at traffic lights I then go to take off and the car revved  out longer and was reluctant to change up gears and when it did it was quite a violent gear change ,it basically felt like I had been rear ended thats how bad it was, it was like this through out all gear changes 1st thrue to 3rd and the same back down again with reluctance to change down and when it did violent change down. I drove the car another 500mtrs to get it safely off the road, I checked the fluid level and it was beautiful colour/condition and plentiful. I waited 10 mins and drove the car again to decide wether to put it on the back of a truck and it drove flawlessly all the way home another 20km , drove it 60km round trip today no problems, Quick note no noises at all so no grinding or banging etc to be heard. So please after any diagnosis as car will be going to mechanic to get sorted just to be sure so do you think I will need to change the auto box fluid and the filter and siv for it, keep in mind my car is due for the big 200,000km service in 5000km so any info will be gratefully received,Prefer PM

Thanks in advanced Sandy :unsure:

"SLOW N LOW"

#2 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

I heard the only cure is a turbo swap ;)

I have no idea...

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Sound like it's constipated.  Box service time. 

#4 cre8ive

cre8ive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Do what you love and love what you do!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Yep cheers Guys I will take to the mechanic to dump the auto box fluid.Car is still driving flawlessly. All sorted Stechnic dumped all fluids from tranny to diffs and runs like a dream with super smooth gear changing. :yahoo:

"SLOW N LOW"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users