5 replies to this topic

#1 Cloud

Cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hi guys,

I lowered my car a while ago, I've had no issues with it at all, wheels don't scrub or anything like that, however I've jumped out of my car this morning ready for work and noticed a minor bump in my right fender, I've attached a image underneath and all I really need to know is how severe it is and how I can fix it, if guard rolling will fix the problem or whether it is too late. It's actually cracked a bit of the paint, so I'm hoping I can fix it asap. I'm under the assumption that it's because of some potholes because it doesn't scrape or anything when I drive over speed bumps or out of my driveway and things like that.

Also, a bit off topic, however I've been interested in buying a lip for my liberty, but I'd just thought I'd ask you guys what lips you like? I'm liking the Ultrex B4 lip but my model is a pre face lift and not sure if it would fit and if it would look any good anyway?

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 owen1r

owen1r

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yup, I had plenty of this until I rolled my guards. It will prevent it from further damaging the paint and might mean you get zero scrubbing depending on your height.

As for lips, have you looked at the RSK front bumper with the factory lip? They look tits.

#3 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I have an 06-07 WRX Ultrex lip on my pre-face Gen 3. Looks pretty good but it doesn't sit that great. I think the other Ultrex one (03 WRX?) for B4 might sit better.

But as Owen1r said, the RSK front bar with factory lip is the best option :P

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#4 bigboyscottyb

bigboyscottyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Roll the guards or just dial in any negative camber (if possible) but guard rolling will fix your problem.

You can fit any 03-05 or 05-07 wrx lip, I fitted a hawk eye lip (06/07) to my outback, just need to start fitment from the middle and bend the lip and attach evenly. This is hawk eye specific unsure about earlier models

#5 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

Gotta say the OBK wheels look really good on the Gen3 lowered. :D

No rear camber adjustment without an aftermarket kit.

Roll them.

OEM+

#6 Cloud

Cloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

No worries ill have a look at rolling them on the weekend, thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users