6 replies to this topic

#1 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

Anyone had any experience with the cheaper Double Din HU's off eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=370136661728

I like all of the features and am not relying on the internal Amp for sound quality, just need it to process a signal to my good components and for the software to work.

Thoughts?

#2 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

looks neat price is good...but i think with electronics most time you only get what you pay for....incomparison the pioneer is around $3000...if you get it i would be interested in what your thaughts on it are...shane

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#3 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Shane. For approx $500 I'm thinking that it might be worth giving it a go? With a 3 year warranty and a 30 day return policy you'd think that they are making an effort to back their product.

#4 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

I agree with Shane on this one. You'll get what you pay for, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. What you'd want to know about this product is how the user interface is. And thats not something you can see via the eBay pics nor can you Google a review for it because it doesn't appear to have a brand name that I can find. Even some 2Din systems that cost thousands of dollars can have shit user interfaces which are unclear, laggy or just downright frustrating to use. But at that price....it is tempting. And they claim 30day return policy so......

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#5 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean! It's a gamble for sure. I guess the allure is that to get something with DVD, TV, GPS, iPod control, Bluetooth, CD, AM/FM, USB e.t.c through a big brand name would cost a bomb. As far as I can tell, it uses a simple touch screen interface.

#6 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

I guess the allure is that to get something with DVD, TV, GPS, iPod control, Bluetooth, CD, AM/FM, USB e.t.c through a big brand name would cost a bomb.

As far as I can tell, it uses a simple touch screen interface.

That system certainly has all the bells and whistles though, thats for sure. Yup very tempting indeed, but not a risk I'd take.

Most 2Din DVD/GPS systems are touch screen as well. I'm more referring to its useablility. Some of them have really ugly looking interfaces and are not intuitive to use. They can be quite laggy also.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#7 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Cool... I think I'll be getting a big brand name unit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users