• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JhoffB4

JhoffB4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hopefully I haven't skimmed past a thread with the same problem. I've been scrolling for a while now and can't find something the same.

Ok so here is my little dilemma.

02 B4 Liberty

Replaced Coolant Temp Sensor (located behind alternator FYI, just in case I can save someone the search like we had) :)

Put everything back on, took it for a quick 3 min drive around the block, did give it a bit of rev's, nothing outrageous.

Notices temp gauge sitting near the red (this has never happened, never gone above half, even on a 46 degree day, 3 hour road trip with a/c on whole time)

Realised thermo fans not turning on :blink: , turn a/c on, fans come on. So I believe it's not a problem with the fans/relays etc. The fans just aren't coming on even when gauge is showing above half (apart from when a/c is on). I can't even think if the fans started playing up before today... :unsure: but it wasn't getting hot so, I assume they were fine.

Any one have any thoughts on what could be causing this? Air bubble(s) floating around somewhere messing with the info being sent to the computer? :fisho:

Is there a separate sender unit? If so, we didn't touch that, just the sensor. 

Yes... I've tried turning the car off and on again :P

Ummmm I'm trying to think if I have missed anything out, the bro did most of it and was the one testing relay's etc.

My brain hurts

Cheers, Jenna :)

#2 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

are u sure u have the correct part number coolant temp sensor?

I think it could be one of three things:

1) faulty or incorrect sensor

2) u have accidently damaged the wiring loom

3) there is an air bubble in the cooling system

#3 JhoffB4

JhoffB4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Got part number from Subaru and ended up ordering a non Subaru one from else where that was a replacement for part number aa... something (can't remember number off top of my head)

New one looked the same, and fit so I could only assume it was correct.

I think it might be an idea to put the old one back in and see if the fans come back on, then I know if the new part was wrong/faulty.

Then suss the air bubble situation out.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users