• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joss

Joss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum, but have read most of the Outback build threads over the past week and a bit and still couldn't find quite what I was looking for. 

Im not sure about everyone else, but the headlights on my Outback are absolutely terrible and I don't want to go the HID upgrade. I have already bought new Phillips bulbs (the strongest Halogen ones they had +100) and that still hardly made much of a difference, I then tilted them as far up as possible again with very minimal improvement. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a possible fix?

Anyway, torqued to spec is just the manuals way of saying 'we couldn't get it any tighter, see if you can'.

#2 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hello

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#3 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum, but have read most of the Outback build threads over the past week and a bit and still couldn't find quite what I was looking for. 

Im not sure about everyone else, but the headlights on my Outback are absolutely terrible and I don't want to go the HID upgrade. I have already bought new Phillips bulbs (the strongest Halogen ones they had +100) and that still hardly made much of a difference, I then tilted them as far up as possible again with very minimal improvement. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a possible fix?

Hi & Wecome to SC.

What model Outback ???    Do not use 100w globes with plastic lens headlamps - they will melt.  Don't use anything higher than 55w, unless gen 2 with glass lenses.

Gen 3 headlamps are shithouse. HID conversion from RSK or GTB import the best way to go.

#4 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

What model Outback ???

I'm going to guess....2001 revA-C

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hi there Ze Dutch, welcome to SubyClub. Hopefully you manage to get the answers you're looking for.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#6 Joss

Joss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Not exactly sure what model to be honest. All that sort of stuff just confuses me because I have no idea how to figure it out haha.

The bulbs I have in now are good. But the beam lands about 10m infront of the car and in my opinion that is pathetic. They're already tilted up as far as they will go so there doesnt really seem to be much I can do. I was thinking of fitting a few washers to the bottom bolt to tilt it up that bit further but haven't tried that yet.

Personally I dont really want to go HID if I can avoid it as well :)

Anyway, torqued to spec is just the manuals way of saying 'we couldn't get it any tighter, see if you can'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users