#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hey all. Getting sick of the squeal at low speed with the pads my calipers came with from Japan. Chasing some new pads, F+R.

Looking through the forums, its been a few years since people were recommending the QFM ones. Just curious, has anyone continued their use of them? Just after a bit more info before I jump into buying a set of the HP-X ones. Not after rediculous braking, as I will be getting a dedicated track pad when the time comes. Just need a quality street pad, with low noise.

Let me know your recommendations!

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 Ben_20EJT

Ben_20EJT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

i just put in a set of ebc red stuff ceramics and love them, stop well and dont squel.

freeway.jpeg 

#3 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I've got QFM HPX pads and I can't fault them.

They don't eat discs, They aren't dusty, I've cooked them a few times with no side effects, Stop well, Cheap, Win.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Awesome, just the info I was chasing Cam. Will get a set ordered soon. I know EBC are good, but I do like supporting locals when I can.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users