#1 crazyrob

crazyrob

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Need help..

Okay having cooling problems atm with my ej22, I've replaced pretty much everything.. with new.

Fixed my blocked heater core now works sweet..

A few months ago I had the head gaskets go on me and had the heads done and replaced by my mate that works at Subaru.

I've replaced thermostat,radiator,water pump and sensor.

The radiator top hose is hot but the bottom hose is cold.. so the airlock is in the system somewhere.. Also engine gets hot but since the fans are on it gets cold and doesn't turn off.

We have taken it for a few drives to see if we have cleared the lock. It worked but then get for another it came back.? we have no idea?

Would bypassing the heater core fix this?

please help hope u can understand.

cheers rob

#2 podmak

podmak

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

1.) Pressure test the cooling system.

- if it doesn't hold the pressure then you have a cracked hose somewhere. If that's the case, look at all the hoses carefully (while the system is under pressure) and you should be able to see the leak.

If that doesn't help:

2.) Take out the thermostat and run the engine without it. (Make sure you bleed the air out - it's so much easier without thermostat)

- if the lower hose warms up, you have two options:

2.a.) - thermostat is bad (it happens, even with the brand new genuine parts) (cook it to make sure...)

2.b.) - there is a blockage in the waterway somewhere. If this is the case, check all hoses. I know this sounds easier than it actually is, as some of these hoses are really hard to get to, but check them anyway (Sometimes you have to take of piece of the engine, but hey... :) ). I found one of my hoses crooked so much it blocked the coolant circulation when the thermostat was in, it drove me mad.

- if the lower hose doesn't warm up without thermostat in, there is likely a bigger coolant circulation issue. Post back and we can discuss this further.

But seeing this thread is a little outdated, I will stop here. Post back if you are still having the issue :D

gallery_5378_147_9927.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users