#1 ScoobyAsh

ScoobyAsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport and mountain biking

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have a 2L 2004 Impreza GX.

I've seen heaps of UEL headers put on 2.5 NAs but no 2L GXs.

1) Wondering if i could get the suby rumble from just headers and a new tail pipe. Or would I need a new cat as well.

2) Will the new headers produce a little bit more power than the stock or will i lose power.

3) Roughly how much would it be.

I've read the other topics on this forum so don't bother linking them.

Cheers

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

1. Fitment should be the same. Ive got them on a 2.2 and theyre the same. So long as you have dual port exhausts they'll fit. Ive got a catback as well but you can just get a diff back. Anything that replaces the factory muffler

2. UEL take power as theyre arent as efficient. Its barely notcible and worth it for the sound. 

3. I paid 230~ to get my headers and then 400 for a catback. A diffback exhaust is around $200 i believe

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Mitch.

Mitch.

Fart Smuggler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:Surfin' Da Web

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

you wont need a new cat as the rumble comes from the UEL headers. but a louder muffler will make the UEL headers worthwhile. You lose a little top end power and gain low end torque with UEL headers but i doubt you will notice the tiny difference on an n/a.

...and depending on what your buying, second hand UEL headers can go for less then 100 bucks but brand new ones start around 200-300 and get more pricey depending on brands. mufflers are generally the same price wise, ranging from 200 to shitloads 

#4 ScoobyAsh

ScoobyAsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport and mountain biking

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

1. Fitment should be the same. Ive got them on a 2.2 and theyre the same. So long as you have dual port exhausts they'll fit. Ive got a catback as well but you can just get a diff back. Anything that replaces the factory muffler

2. UEL take power as theyre arent as efficient. Its barely notcible and worth it for the sound. 

3. I paid 230~ to get my headers and then 400 for a catback. A diffback exhaust is around $200 i believe

you wont need a new cat as the rumble comes from the UEL headers. but a louder muffler will make the UEL headers worthwhile. You lose a little top end power and gain low end torque with UEL headers but i doubt you will notice the tiny difference on an n/a.

...and depending on what your buying, second hand UEL headers can go for less then 100 bucks but brand new ones start around 200-300 and get more pricey depending on brands. mufflers are generally the same price wise, ranging from 200 to shitloads 

Thanks heaps

Will defs get it all sorted out soon.

One last question, is it basically a bolt on set up or does it need cutting and welding and in that case should i just take it to an exhaust place.

#5 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

Should be just a bolt on but seeing as with most borla reps quality control doesnt exist it you can never know

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users