• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mark300

mark300

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

new laws are set to come into effect in QLD which affect modified cars and "hoon behaviour" on november 1

check them out in the link below

http://www.police.ql..._Fact_Sheet.pdf

what is everyones thoughts on this? are the laws overkill or are they needed? are they too harsh? is this a sign of things to come for all other states? or could this perhaps be the first nail in the coffin of modifying street cars.

Discuss.

#2 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

i don't think it will really affect the people doing the right thing, it does mention that your car will be impounded the second time, which i think is fair. gives people a chance to engineer or rectify a problem

No matter what laws and legislation they introduce people are still going to do it  

#3 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi,

How is 'Evade Police' a Type 1 offence?

Cheers,

Nik

#4 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

If I have understood this correctly, you can have a perfect driving record, and take off slightly too quickly at the lights and be charged for dangerous/careless driving. This would result in a 90 day suspension of your car.

Or, you could exceed the speed limit by 100+ks, drive with a BAC of more than 3x the legal limit, or drive while suspended, and your car is not impounded for 90 days.

Cool.

#5 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Love the "Improving road safety by putting the brakes on hooning" statement... Clearly have their priorities sorted

Wanna improve road safety, improve the roads and teach people how to drive and not how to just pass a simple driving test.

Hi,

How is 'Evade Police' a Type 1 offence?

Cheers,

Nik

What about wilfully starting or driving a motor vehicle in a way that makes unnecessary noise or smoke?

#6 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi,

I think people in QLD should be alarmed at the speed and ease with which legislation changing your daily lives is going through, being covered under the guise of inarguable public panic/morality towards criminal behaviour. First the 'bikie laws' which somehow people believe only target... 'bikies'. Yeah right guys. Just that the terminology doesn't mention motorcycles even once - so... you're basically all up for it.

Now the rest of the Cuntree is getting on board - it's fuckin' scary. Has anyone read the new laws?!

Cheers,

Nik

#7 JRod

JRod

The artist formally known as 988OXR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Nik, this is why I'll be stripping my car out, deregistering it, and taking it to the track. These laws; the Hoon Hotline (13HOON); its just to hard to drive around in a modified car up here.

Posted Image

As soon as i mentioned 300kw I was in trouble :)

#8 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

The world we live in. 

#9 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Such a joke the way they go about things - As is typical it is target the easiest group.

Wankers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users