• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

hi sparkies, i have noticed my reverse lights are not working. i have checked the fuses, globes and connections and all is normal so is all other operations of the gearbox....i am thinking it is the auto's inhibitor switch any idea of the cost of one and how hard to replace....shane

1d3cb771-b699-4175-8507-6d835cbca0d8_zps

#2 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

i had this with my car after i bought it it was a reverse light switch which cost me (from memory) about $150 installed... but that may have been cheaper/more expensive cos i got it done as part of a service...

2mmwi1w.jpg

#3 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

When I got my car my reverse lights werent working, turned out to be a stuffed relay. Check that out. Thats all the help i can offer sorry.

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#4 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

hi sparkies, i have noticed my reverse lights are not working. i have checked the fuses, globes and connections and all is normal so is all other operations of the gearbox....i am thinking it is the auto's inhibitor switch any idea of the cost of one and how hard to replace....shane

it is auto remember...what i have been reading is it could be the inhibitor switch

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Shane mate, DRIVER may be of some assistance with this. I know with mine there was a plug from the gearbox to the wiring that needed to be fixed. That was disconnected and a plug was made up by Jovan for me, and it was plugged in and reverse lights worked. For automatics, and Gen3's I am not too sure, but given Jovi has both of those he may be of some help :)

#6 legacy rsk

legacy rsk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Shane mate, DRIVER may be of some assistance with this. I know with mine there was a plug from the gearbox to the wiring that needed to be fixed. That was disconnected and a plug was made up by Jovan for me, and it was plugged in and reverse lights worked.

For automatics, and Gen3's I am not too sure, but given Jovi has both of those he may be of some help :)

thanks dylan but i found there was a broken wire on the black connector near the boots r/h hinge and now they work

#7 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Ahaha, nice mate :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users