Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gaming.....

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hey guys
So I have a standard 99 liberty
And I was womdeing if the exhaust would fit off a B4 ??
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Dont see why some of it wouldnt but the dump pipes wouldnt for obvious reasons

tIeW8DE.png

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

The centre and rear section may, but the dumps will not. Also may need to have a look at some photos of the underside of a B4 and compare it to yours. In particular, check the position of the Cat converter outlet, and also the hanger locations.

But I don't see why you would want it. It may flow better, but I would not be surprised if you loose power and/or torque after fitting it. The only reason you would change an N/A exhaust is for the noise factor, which the stock B4 exhaust will not give.

The other thing is the rear muffler on the B4s have a electrically actuated mechanical valve that is set to open at ~4500 rpm. This will not work on an RX that doesn't have the wiring or controller to suit.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Not to mention the step down to like 2" before the muffler... I've not measured it, but I think it goes down from 2.5" to 2", for god knows what reason. Contemplated making mine noisy a few times :P

#5 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gaming.....

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:14 PM

The centre and rear section may, but the dumps will not. Also may need to have a look at some photos of the underside of a B4 and compare it to yours. In particular, check the position of the Cat converter outlet, and also the hanger locations.

But I don't see why you would want it. It may flow better, but I would not be surprised if you loose power and/or torque after fitting it. The only reason you would change an N/A exhaust is for the noise factor, which the stock B4 exhaust will not give.

The other thing is the rear muffler on the B4s have a electrically actuated mechanical valve that is set to open at ~4500 rpm. This will not work on an RX that doesn't have the wiring or controller to suit.

Well that's the reason I changing it for noise, right now I've got an aftermarket one that came with the car and it sound like a tractor most of the time, also the muffler part doesn't look to have any wiring in it at all, just looks standard
But I'm wanting to know if the hanging points would be the same
And does the cat converter have to be welded onto the exhuast??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#6 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

Ok, fair call. Not sure about the hanging points. There is only the valve on the actual muffler, the controller and actuator is in the boot on the B4's. So it will work, but not well.
If you already have the aftermarket exhaust, have you thought about getting a resonator put in? Quick and fairly cheap.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users