←  Anything Goes

Suby Club

»

Motorbike Discussion Thread

ams's Photo ams 29 Nov 2013

Swingarm = cool, i didn't notice that till just then either.

Traction ctrl is sweet, my mates zx10r has it, has wet, race, dry, track etc....

simon's Photo simon 30 Nov 2013

I took my mates Harley for a ride last weekend, was a bit of good fun. Now I've found myself looking at motorbikes all week. Think I might get one, but not until house is purchased .  :D Road bike for sure. HD's are not my thing.

But my mate has a 250 ninja that he doesn't ride much & he is happy for me to borrow for awhile. So that's cool.

I really like the KTM duke's 390. Thoughts??

http://www.ktm.com/a...tml#prettyPhoto

Zac's Photo Zac 30 Nov 2013

Went and saw bikes today.. dealership ones... they are huge!

The GS500F is nice... but again huge... I like the size of the honda CBRs, but 250 would be too underpowered... will have to test ride them when I can, but do not want a huge bike for sure...

ams's Photo ams 30 Nov 2013

"Huge" bikes are more stable on the road. Light small frame bikes suffer from being blown around when it's a bit windy. Once you get on and ride about it will feel much stable than smaller frame bikes.

@Simon; Duke 390's are great bikes from what I hear, dude at work is looking at trading his wr250 for a new duke.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 30 Nov 2013

Haha how all are you zaq?! GSs aren't known as huge bikes..!

alexGT's Photo alexGT 01 Dec 2013

bark busters and some proper dirt tyres fitted. pics to come! made a massive difference to its look.

Zac's Photo Zac 01 Dec 2013

"Huge" bikes are more stable on the road. Light small frame bikes suffer from being blown around when it's a bit windy. Once you get on and ride about it will feel much stable than smaller frame bikes.

@Simon; Duke 390's are great bikes from what I hear, dude at work is looking at trading his wr250 for a new duke.

Yeah, thats what I thought too... more stable... but I don't want something too hard for me to control either, so will test ride both of them when I can and see how it goes... stil... they are quite big.. bigger than I expected, probably since the only road bike I've ridden in a carpark was the Ninja...

There was some lez chick there buying a bike... some cruiser, and she wanted the one with captain america style and colours on it... red white and blue.. LOL!

Haha how all are you zaq?! GSs aren't known as huge bikes..!

I'm not tall mate... only 5'7 I think.... and I weigh between 70 and 75kg...

alexGT's Photo alexGT 01 Dec 2013

mmmm dirt

kfaa.jpg
7kth.jpg
3ivb.jpg
8ncy.jpg
ldq3.jpg

simon's Photo simon 01 Dec 2013

^^^^nice

I've read some really good reports on the duke 390's. So if I can save my pennies, I'm getting one!!! Maybe by the time I'm ready, a good second hander will be available.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 01 Dec 2013

1.jpg

Liberty's Photo Liberty 02 Dec 2013

My mate bought a sexy bike yesterday afternoon. I gave it a ride around the block and loved it. I'll get the specs of it as soon as I can.

ams's Photo ams 02 Dec 2013

Model? Make?

Zac's Photo Zac 02 Dec 2013

I'm liking the Kawasaki Ninja 650R... very hot...

R-Y's Photo R-Y 02 Dec 2013

Honda CBR500 get at me haha. Wish I was in a position to get one. Maybe early next year

Adam's Photo Adam 03 Dec 2013

$99 with a coupon code CM50

http://www.gogogearl...ar-hoodie-mens/ pretty cool!

Zac's Photo Zac 03 Dec 2013

$99 with a coupon code CM50

http://www.gogogearl...ar-hoodie-mens/ pretty cool!

Nice one Adam... pretty good for summer riding isn't it? but would the hood be flapping around everywhere?

(If you are getting one, let me know... combined postage... hehe :) )

simon's Photo simon 03 Dec 2013

ktm-duke-390-wallpapers-desktop_zps074fe

DO WANT.

peteRS's Photo peteRS 03 Dec 2013

My problem with KTM Duke's is the name...it's not a Ducati...why they do that!

Zac's Photo Zac 03 Dec 2013

Damn Simon... I've seen one if them in real life... so nice...