aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Subaru-WRX-1-625x346.jpg

The Subaru WRX pre-order campaign has failed to reach the frenzied heights of that of the BRZ, with just seven customers submitting a deposit in the first 24 hours.

Subaru Australia made the surprise announcement yesterday morning that the first 100 fourth-generation WRX sports cars destined for our market would be available to pre-order on the companys website from 12pm, with customers required to place a $2500 deposit to secure a vehicle.

But unlike a similar online campaign for the BRZ, which saw the first years 201-car allocation snapped up in less than three hours in July 2012, the new WRX has proved significantly less popular, with just one deposit placed in the first hour and six more to 12pm today.

In the lead-up to the start of yesterdays pre-order campaign, Subaru Australia managing director Nick Senior said the program was introduced to address significant pent-up demand for the new model following a huge spike of interest in WRX on its public website after its Los Angeles auto show debut last week.

But Subaru Australia corporate affairs manager David Rowley today said online WRX pre-orders were never expected to match the pace of the BRZ.

Its a very different initiative this time, Rowley said. With BRZ we had a lot of pre-build-up, we had weeks if not months of pre-publicity in terms of spec, pricing, pre-drives.

This time its more aimed at the pure enthusiasts, the WRX club-type people. The idea is that its just a little slow burn for the enthusiasts just a bit of a trickle to build a bit of interest.

Subaru Australia is yet to announce pricing or specification details of the new WRX, which is expected to be priced from approximately $40,000 when it arrives in local showrooms in March.

Rowley said the online ordering system would remain live until the end of the 18-day campaign, but confirmed Subaru had no plans to extend the program to mirror its sales strategy with the BRZ.

Once December 13 comes around it will go back to the traditional retail network selling method, he said.

Asked if he believed deposits would be placed for all 100 WRXs, Rowley admitted, your guess is as good as mine, but confirmed any unaccounted for vehicles would become open slather to dealers.

The fourth-generation Subaru WRX is powered by a turbocharged 199kW/349Nm 2.0-litre four-cylinder boxer engine and for the first time will be available with an automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) as an option to the standard six-speed manual.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.caradvice.com.au/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

oO'' I just can't find myself liking the look of this.

The new Lenvorg though ( Liberty Wagon ) lord they did well with that one. I see myself buying one!

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#3 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

LEVORG = WRX Wagon.

#4 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

LENVORG WRX wagon liberty wagon bah it looks great.

Just need full leather interior and i'm in on it. .. Maybe in 3 years. I gotta get bored of the B4 first :)

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#5 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I think the reason behind the sales tumble weed is because people are on a whim about what they're ordering. With the BRZ it was your bread and butter RWD compact sports car which was something the market hasn't seen in many years, plus many pages of rave reviews from car mags, online reports and hype. This is just another WRX, which im sure most potential buyers will want to sit in and test drive to compare against the outgoing models. It's nothing particularly new per se. Also, no car mags have yet road tested one ( that i know of ) and only have reported on speculation and limited info, com-gen images.

Am i reading it right that it's due for release on the 13 December this year?

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#6 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm interested to hear how this CVT goes. Over everything else. Because the Liberty is such a big lump of car now, one of these (LEVORG probably) would be a nice replacement for an earlier Liberty owner. I've been in a MY12, not a huge fan of the interior, but they go hard and have plenty of space and comfort.

#7 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'm interested to hear how this CVT goes. Over everything else. Because the Liberty is such a big lump of car now, one of these (LEVORG probably) would be a nice replacement for an earlier Liberty owner. I've been in a MY12, not a huge fan of the interior, but they go hard and have plenty of space and comfort.

Ive been reading reports that the the CVT in the new XT are having problems wihen putting the power down at WOT, delayed response and what not so will interesting if Subaru fixed this problem with the WRX and LEVORG

#8 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

You think they would just do a twin-clutch DSG or something eh'

#9 Forester 2.5i S

Forester 2.5i S

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

My CVT works fine in my XV
Jason & Tanya

MY15 Subaru Forester 2.5i S - Crystal White Pearl , CVT
MY12 Subaru XV 2.0i L - Obsidian Black Pearl , CVT

#10 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

We're talking performance cars here, not a sprog hauler

#11 bluebrz

bluebrz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Two door cars / cycling / fishing

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

The WRX still has four doors . Bring back the 22B two door sports coupe rex.

#12 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

sprog hauler

Hahahaha

IM47Gcv.jpg

#13 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

I believe as of last week only 22 deposits had been taken.. not a great start to sales for them - Hoping the car is actually a performer.

#14 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Hi,

I don't really think comparing it to the BRZ launch which was an all new model with what, three years of lead up media?; to the 'new' WRX is fair.

It's just a new WRX.

There'll be another one, just like there was one before it.

Cheers,

Nik

#15 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

My CVT works fine in my XV

But has nowhere near the power/torque of the XT... U cant compare the too... Apples vs Oranges

#16 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Agreed on that front Nik, however those figures are really suprising and not very good

#17 yannsB4

yannsB4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

I may get crucified here. 

But im not really sure whether the wrx is really relevant anymore... just seems like its image is fizzling. They needed a crazy looking sedan i think, to make a huge impact on the market. This just looks like a very tame, almost pedestrian design exercise. Almost like theyre pulling back on the crazy due to their recent ugly models. 

I'm always a fan of a company that tried something bold and different. (Nissan juke anyone??)

1994 Mitsubishi Magna | 1992 BMW 325i | 2001 Subaru Liberty B4

Posted Image

#18 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

I think its plenty aggressive enough. 199kw out of the 2ltr and that front end...

I saw some Asians drooling over the Civic V-TEC Turbo Type R on facebook but I just think it looks ugly. Not a fan of the weird rear end on the current civic hatch. Also its still FWD I think, so we'll probably see a few wrapped around trees with 206kw+ at the front.

The wheels and lack of :fork: off spoiler are all that is holding back that above photo of the WRX.

#19 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

^ easy fix!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users