Photo

Which Lowering Springs provide an even drop for the Legacy BE Sedan? Please post pictures!

Legacy be sedan springs lower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

Which Lowering Springs provide an even drop for the Legacy BE Sedan? Please post pictures of sedans dropped on Springs with an EVEN drop. I have done tons of research looking for pictures. My King Springs provide a low, even drop but do not handle as well as I'd like them too, so I'm thinking of switching them out. Thanks! - Jake

2001 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan 5spd
Daily Driver/ Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs/ KYB Struts & Shocks/ 2G Impreza Front Tophats & Spring Seats/ Paranoid Fabrications 1/4" Rear Tophat Spacers/ Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars/ Drag DR-31 Wheels /Yakima Roof Rack/ 130,000 Miles

#2 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Do you have any sway bars in?

Coilovers are the only way to go if ur not happy with just springs

#3 RSK20

RSK20

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Rolling with STI Pinks. I'm happy with the height, performance, and ride.

fe62.jpg

#4 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Do you have any sway bars in?

Coilovers are the only way to go if ur not happy with just springs

Whiteline Front and Rear. The setup is still very sloppy due to the King springs being so soft. Coilovers that are available for this car are all too stiff (I havent found anything below 6k for front and rear) unless I go through the trouble of putting softer springs in them which will be my last resort if I can't find other lowering springs for my struts.

Daily Driver/ Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs/ KYB Struts & Shocks/ 2G Impreza Front Tophats & Spring Seats/ Paranoid Fabrications 1/4" Rear Tophat Spacers/ Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bars/ Drag DR-31 Wheels /Yakima Roof Rack/ 130,000 Miles

#5 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Rolling with STI Pinks. I'm happy with the height, performance, and ride.

fe62.jpg

I had always read that Sti pinks had a minimal drop. Your car looks lower than all the other ones i have read with them. Would you be able to provide a side shot??

#6 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

K-Sport coilovers. Were cheap and had great adjustment. 

I could still drop it quite a bit lower than this. But they were fairly stiff for a daily, but I liked it that way.

262713_10150340674798916_653900_n.jpg

263925_10150340674718916_39217_n.jpg

253935_10150340675698916_4533543_n.jpg

#7 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

^ I think you misread the topic. Lowering Springs, not coilovers. 

- Jake

#8 RSK20

RSK20

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

I had always read that Sti pinks had a minimal drop. Your car looks lower than all the other ones i have read with them. Would you be able to provide a side shot??

I am running 18" wheels, so may appear lower.. Sorry I haven't got a dead on side shot, I'll grab one next time the cars out of the shed. If you want to go lower, and are not too worried about ride comfort, fork out for a decent set of adjustable coilovers. 

5cd5.jpg

#9 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well seeing as you already had HR springs you dont have much choice left...

Maybe Teins if they are still available

What shocks are you running?

#10 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

^ I think you misread the topic. Lowering Springs, not coilovers. 

- Jake

You would be silly not to consider it as an option.

You can usually get a decent used set for about the price as new springs installed and you can have it at whatever height you want.

#11 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

+1

Not all coil overs have a harsh ride. On the softest dampening setting some can actually be quite comfortable. 

You can set the height to whatever you like, have them soft for daily driving and them firm them up when you can go for a spirited drive. Its a win, win.

They would also work out a lot cheaper than changing your springs 50 times.

#12 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

You can usually get a decent used set for about the price as new springs installed and you can have it at whatever height you want.

Well seeing as you already had HR springs you dont have much choice left...

Maybe Teins if they are still available

What shocks are you running?

I have plenty of choices for lowering springs. Tanabe, RS-R, Llovels, Pedders, Greddy, etc. I'm running KYB shocks.

I can't seem to find any coilovers for this car that have spring rates lower than 6k/mm. I'd love coilovers if I could get some that are somewhat softer for daily driving.

#13 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

For what it's worth. BC racing coilovers here can be ordered with a requested spring rate.

Posted Image

#14 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have Pedders springs, but I wouldn't consider them to be much bouncier than the Coilovers I used to have whilst on the softest setting.

#15 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

1398788_10152432834788327_1965399836_o.j

STi Pinks in Bilstein Struts.. Keep in mind the body of the Gen3 is 'lower' at the rear. The front is raised a bit because rally car. If you were to even out the tyre gaps the car would appear to be leaning forward visually. These are also 18" wheels.

EDIT: Here is a very old side profile. If you want to eliminate that front gap more you'll need adjustable coilovers to get it 'just right'. Tbh I don't want mine any lower, it's functional, handles great and no trouble from the boys in blue.

Attached File  IMAG0106s.jpg   129.29KB   5 downloads

#16 sbv

sbv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

If you want lower with close to factory ride, try some Gen 4 N/A springs. Believe it or not this will drop the front quite a bit. I tested this for a couple of days before installing coilovers but don't have any photos.

#17 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

1398788_10152432834788327_1965399836_o.j

STi Pinks in Bilstein Struts.. Keep in mind the body of the Gen3 is 'lower' at the rear. The front is raised a bit because rally car. If you were to even out the tyre gaps the car would appear to be leaning forward visually. These are also 18" wheels.

Actually with mine, I noticed that in stock form the Front was lower than the Rear. Also, leaning forward is better for handling characteristics than leaning backward due to the tail end being under less pressure.
Bump

#18 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Bump

#19 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I think you're chasing the impossible with springs personally. If you want to improve handling you're not going to get an 'even drop' look without coil-overs. The picture in your signature shows a car far too low in my opinion, and the 16" wheels are giving the illusion of more height than is actually there. Basically it's possible with certain spring combinations. But your struts will have reduced longevity and handling will be thrown out the window for the sake of the look you want. You could probably look into changing swaybars and things to stiffen it up, if you are happy with the kings height.

#20 Jacobpockros

Jacobpockros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think you're chasing the impossible with springs personally. If you want to improve handling you're not going to get an 'even drop' look without coil-overs. The picture in your signature shows a car far too low in my opinion, and the 16" wheels are giving the illusion of more height than is actually there. Basically it's possible with certain spring combinations. But your struts will have reduced longevity and handling will be thrown out the window for the sake of the look you want. You could probably look into changing swaybars and things to stiffen it up, if you are happy with the kings height.

I still think there are lowering springs out there that give the sedan an even drop besides mine. We just need people to post them in here. I don't need extremely crazy handling, just better handling than my current soft springs. The strut longevity doesn't bother me. 

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users