• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDMJake

JDMJake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hey guys since it's hot here in Melbourne started using my A/C, but yesterday when I started up my car and drove with my A/C it really ran like a bucket of s***. For example, my car gets put under so much stress when the A/C is on that I can't take off in 1st, I literally have to ride the clutch engagement point or else the car shudders, shakes and just dies. The revs are crazy when the A/C is on, and the gear shifting feels so rough and kind of slams into the gears and makes the car shudder. 

I'm not sure whats up, but it's never happened before since yesterday when I went to take off in 1st with the A/C and the car literally gave up, when it gave up the gears became really hard to change like the gear stick was really hard to move.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys

2004 Subaru Impreza GX 

#2 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Im guessing your A/C is on the blink...

Have you checked for any leaks?

#3 JDMJake

JDMJake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

Not so far, I serviced my car two days ago my spark-plug wells are full of oil so the gaskets are on the way out, but that wouldn't matter?

2004 Subaru Impreza GX 

#4 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Not so far, I serviced my car two days ago my spark-plug wells are full of oil so the gaskets are on the way out, but that wouldn't matter?

There is your problem right there, absolutely guarantee it.  Have seen it on several different subarus.

Its easy to prove, just pull all the plugs, clean them up, clean the HT lines and get all the oil out of the wells, make sure you get ALL the oil out of everything.  Put it back together and i bet it will drive as normal again.  It will only last until they fill up with oil again, but it will definately prove where the problem is.

Basically the oil is shorting out ur plugs and they are not firing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users