No replies to this topic

#1 gorzzz

gorzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Hi Guys,

Bear with me here as I'm going to start from the beginning so you can get  the whole story....

Back in Oct. i had the misfortune to have the A/C belt break, have a piece 60cm long by 3mm wide wrap around the crankshaft pulley, then wearing through the timing belt case and then wrapping itself around the crank sprocket and jumping the timing belt a few (or more) teeth......the result was 16(!) bent valves :(

Now after getting the heads reco'ed at the local engine reconditioners and putting the heads back on myself, I'm finding that when I try to start my car (95 liberty) I have to have the accelerator flat to the floor to get it going. When I get it going, it seems to have a slight miss as well plus when it's hot, I can't get it to start at all (just turns over).

I have checked all the plugs to see if I had missed connecting any, but they are all on correctly. I've put new plugs in, a new fuel filter (it was due for one anyway), new rubber hoses for the tappet cover breathers and for the fuel regulator, also the timing is ok,

I'm thinking along the lines of a sensor gone kaput, but I've checked to see if any error codes come up, but there's none...the thing is, when my son had this car before me, it was doing the same thing when cold, but it was ok when hot...and that was a coolant sensor which was replaced.

I'm just about to burn this bloody thing, so any ideas??

Thanks,

Gorzzz (John)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users