←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

Poll!! Which car?

Poll: Which car? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Car?

1. Outback Diesel (3 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

2. Liberty Wagon 3.0 (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. Forester XT Premium (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

4. Territory Ghia AWD (2 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

5. Territory Ghia RWD (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

6. Holden Sportswagon (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

SUBARU's Photo SUBARU 07 Feb 2009

I'm down to these options in deciding on which wagon I'd like to get when I upgrade my car. (in the next year or so, yes, I like to plan ahead) What do you guys think? I'm after something with room, hence the wagon. After a bit of grunt and has the ability to tow a boat/trailer. Looking for something with a bit of comfort and a few luxury options. Any other suggestions other than those in the poll would also be welcomed. Cheers!

alexGT's Photo alexGT 07 Feb 2009

theres no real point in getting a liberty now as the new one will be here in september... unless you want a cheap run out model.

^^^ True. I'm not talking about buying right now. More like in another 10-12 months!

Soop's Photo Soop 07 Feb 2009

Lib wouldn't tow anyway. AWD Territory.

N/A_EJ22's Photo N/A_EJ22 07 Feb 2009

The Outback diesel would tow wouldnt it? (Im assuming its a turbo diesel though)

I dunno. It might have the torque. But is the car large enough to tow comfortably? A big boat might push it around all over the place.

ams's Photo ams 07 Feb 2009

I agree, I couldnt see the Outback towing anything largish. Get a couple of year old turbo-diesel Nissan Patrol or something.

Yeah, I was thinking that the Lib/Outback might not be the best option for towing a boat. The Patrol or something similar would be a good tow car, but I don't think i want something that big, won't have a boat big enough to warrant the towing capacity and I will probably never go 4 wheel driving.

Nothing wrong with the humble falcon then? You do like the new turbo luxo deal don't you?

Yeah, the G6E Turbo is a really nice car, but I'm after a wagon. Need to carry the dog, bikes, snowboards, stuff for sailing e.t.c.

If you're in the position to buy new/late model second hand. What about an VE SS Sports wagon? You can pick up 07/08 models for fairly good prices these days. It'll tow really well. It has a great tourqie motor in it. It's also low key, and will function as any normal road car. (Where the 4x4's fall down IMO)

Yeah, Sportswagon might be a go. From the research I've done, the Territory might be a more comfortable option, but then again, they are less car like, which is what I really like about the sportswagon. **EDIT** Added Sportswagon to the poll.

Gibbed. I already voted for the Ghia. I resind my innitial vote, and re-vote for the sportswagon.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 07 Feb 2009

Lib wouldn't tow anyway.

AWD Territory.

They use more fuel than the Sportswagon and have less room.

Depends on what you would really use it for Chris.

If you wont go mildy offroad, cross of the Territory and Outback off the list.

I would only look at the Liberty or Sportswagon. Both nice cars and both good in their own respects. I would buy a Sportswagon just 'cause i get them for 35% off. :D

Edit, missed the XT, but i think they look like arse and still less room than a wagon. :D

Good calls Mark - I won't be going off road. Only the occasional dirt road. Sportswagon might be the go, especially if I'm towing.

They're going for under 50k now aren't they? 6ltr V8 will keep you happy with power, and usefullness.

I believe so Paul. By the time I'm ready to buy and given the way these things depreciate, you would assume that I'd be able to get something like an SSV for around 40k if not less. As well as that I'd got to my friends at Penfolds or Holden HO for a great deal on a Holden Certified model, so it might be even cheaper again! :)

You'd get one for 40k now no worries. The depreciation isn't really to much of a factor now. Given that nothing is worth anything ;). (HAI B4 owners!)

Just had a quick look on carsales.com.au - There was one on there for 42k and only 8,000 k's. That surprised me. I guess in around 10-12 months I'd expect mid to low 30's. Anyway, this is still an open book. So I'll continue researching and taking on board what you guys suggest.

Xon's Photo Xon 07 Feb 2009

Audi RS6.