8 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:cars and Snowboarding FTW!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

i just bought a set or front and rear wrx seats and am just wondering if the rear seats will bolt in to my gen 2 sedan? i tryed searcing but found nothing i pick the seats up tomorrow the bottom of the rears look like they would bolt in but im not to shore about the top and am unsure of what yr model they have come out of but here is a picture of them [attachment=97:seats.JPG]

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#2 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

I don't believe they will, no. Always worth a try though, maybe they'd fit without too much modification.

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#3 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

They fit into RS Libertys (1st Generation) with minimal mods, so I can't see why it won't fit the Gen2 sedans. Give it a go. You'll be pleasantly surprised :)

#4 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Gen2 is wider isn't it Alex?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#5 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

Gen2 is wider isn't it Alex?

I'm assuming we're comparing the gen2 to GC8, yeah?

No. They're the same width Luke. The Gen2 is longer. But width is the same. Driveshafts are the same (tailshaft is different though).
STi actually has wider track than the Gen2!

#6 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Ah, well there you go! I always thought the gen2 had a wider interior. Either way, I think the folding seat design in the gen2 might let you down with fitting the seat back...

#7 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

have tryed fitting the bottom bolts up but will have to modify the rail at teh back of the top as the liberty one is bent out and the rexy ones are straight

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#8 DukeNik'em

DukeNik'em

Car Sl#t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:51 PM

have tryed fitting the bottom bolts up but will have to modify the rail at teh back of the top as the liberty one is bent out and the rexy ones are straight

How easy/hard would it be to pick up GC8 rails and retro fit them? Or is the modification looking simple?

Nick

If thy tint is dark and thy wheels are black thou car be declared b11tchin'

So you can run it on 6psi with an rx fuel pump? :P

#9 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

the fronts bolt straight in it is only the top part of the back that need a bit of modifying

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users