• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 George

George

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

I have just aquired a '99 gen 3 liberty wagon. I had to use the wipers today and found out they have a heap of play. It appears to be in the drive mechanism as when I move one wiper the other one moves the same amount. There is nearly 10cm of play at the tip which leads to the end of the drivers side wiper (with a cross wind) extending to the point where it is visible out the side window!

I was wondering how the scratches got into the windscreen suround...

Before I dismantle the wiper asembly does anyone know what the problem might be or have any tips on where to start looking?

Cheers

George

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi George,
sus it out mate. It very well may be just a loose conection. The issue should be pretty obvious once you remove the sill trim.
If it turns out to be more than that, give me a holler. I have a spare in the shed.

#3 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Its a worn out bush in the wiper linkage. I had the exact same problem when I had my Gen 3. I think I ended up machining my own bush up for it, so I can't help with part numbers

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Its a worn out bush in the wiper linkage. I had the exact same problem when I had my Gen 3. I think I ended up machining my own bush up for it, so I can't help with part numbers

Yep, this + 41. Same thing happened to mine. I thought someone had come along and tried to pry open my window with a screwdriver beuase of the scratches on around the window, but turns out it was the wipers overshooting the edge of the screen. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 93tzlegacy

93tzlegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

pretty sure you can only buy th mechanism without a motor from subaru and its about $400, used low km ones are the go, if you need one i have a few. 

Benny's Custom Works supplying OEM new, aftermarket new and used parts at the best prices 

0415 522 512

wagonsyndicatesig.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users