• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

atm im putting in my alarm all pretty simple except i have to wire the main brain to the unlock and lock of the central locking. im having trouble finding those wires if anyone can help me with the easyest places to find those wireds it would be much appreciated and also i need to find the wires for the electronic window up for all windows how is the best way to locate theses wires?

#2 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

For the doors what I did was run the two wires into the drivers door and connect them to a seperate acutator to unlock the driver door which then uses the central locking already to open then rest, which I got from jaycar for like $10. As for the windows I couldn't be bothered the idea was to bypass loop over the switch to the motor. Hope you kinda understand :) I can get pics if you need

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#3 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

hey thanks i do understand i was just hoping to keep the wiring to inside the cars instead of running it into the door i know a way to easily connect it, but it looks like a hassel getting the fuse box out on the fuse box i have a fuse for keyless entry. i just dont want to muck around with the fuse box and find out i stuffed something else up later.

#4 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

Adding another acctuator is a pain but could be more simpler for you. If u have a gen II (not sure which Lib u have but only guessing from avatar) u need to find of memory its a green or white wire, located in the foot well and going along the side of the car towards the back, u snip that wire in half and u connect wires of ur alarm to one side and the others to the other as its a single wire lock and unlock system and it will work. Just look in your alarm diagram what wires corespond to single wire lock unlock system. its been a while since i done Alex's alarm, so cant rember exactlly what colour is the wire u are tracking, but im still guessing white... Good luck
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#5 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

i have a gen 2 rx i cant see a single wire look diagram in the booklet there is only a negative trigger, positive trigger, and pos/neg trigger wiring i have uploaded the diagram so you could have a look and hopefully be able to help me out. thanks.

Attached Files

#6 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Car is negative trigger so use the negative diagramand one side of the car end sniped wire in half goes to lock and the other unlock goes to the other side and it will operate..
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#7 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Twist or crimp?
TSM

#8 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Does the gen2 rx come with keyless entry of some sort from factory? The problem I had I was trying to use the drivers door sensor switch as an acutator, but it was only ment to be a switch for all the other door, so the drivers one wouldn't work. Made any progress?

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#9 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

ok i found a green wire and when i look the doors the green wire gets 12V+ for 1 sec tried sending 12V+ to it nothing happends so DRIVER are you saying i should cut one wire in half connect lock to one side and unlock to the other? you mentioned a memory wire you thought it was green or white. found a green wire and it goes positive for 1 sec when door is locked also found a white wire which is positive all the time so since the car is negative trigger i guess its nether of those wires. scuba-roo yes the gen 2 rx does come with factory keyless which is just crap, you have to stand right next to the car just to get it to work and sometimes it takes a couple of different angles to get it to work (might as well use the key) so far i have set up the alarm and is working... all but the keyless entry and window automation. hopefully will figure it out soon. thanks for your help so far guys

#10 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

also looking at the door trigger top left i can find the negative door trigger but can not find the positive.

#11 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

i tried the fatter cables one green one red with green strip and they just disconnected the rear central locks. still stock on keyless and on the windows

#12 Aaron.W

Aaron.W

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Interests:cars and Snowboarding FTW!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

i am stumped on where this wire is i went through all the white wires down the side of the drivers and the only full white wire was 12+ so that didn't help took it the the auto electricians they did a little bit with it and now my factory keyless doesn't work. so now i have no keyless at all. here is the wiring diagram for my liberty. hope someone can tell me how to wire it up from this.

95 Gen 2 gx series 1 with rx body kit built 207 on v2 sti heads, running gear, FMIC,twisted ATP GTX3076 Turbo setup :D

#13 Ant W

Ant W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

that wasn't aaron that posted the last post it was actually me and this is what i ment to upload with it.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users