#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ok peoples - Will the VF26 bolt up correctly where a VF25 was removed?

According to several sites, the VF25 is the stock turbo for JDM Legacy TT auto models, while the VF26 is the stock equipment for the manual versions.

The main difference is the Exhaust housing - P12 to P14 - Will the bolt holes still line up in the factory dumps?

The other thing I need to know is whether the inlet of the compressor wheel is the same diameter.

Can anyone shed some light?

Going to sell a VF26 to Chris if it will bolt up, but dont want to sell him something he can't use.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 zanzarah

zanzarah

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

YES the VF26 will bolt up directly and replace a VF25.

Liberty B4 2002 BE5 Rev E 2.5L BITURBO TF035HL-14GXT E85

#3 tmh983

tmh983

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

100% bolt in.  Yes u are right, the only difference is the exhaust a/r, everything else is identical

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Cheers fellas. He has a PM with postage quote.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users