12 replies to this topic

#1 Pendogz

Pendogz

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Looking at buying a 2013 wrx write off has all running gear and brakes want to put it in my series 1 gen 3 liberty will the engine and gearbox fit I know I will need to pay for splicing for the loom and are the engine mounts in the same place

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

mate you do realise that going to a late model CAN-bus system compared to a OBD / 2 is quite big job?

don't let that stop you but be aware its a bit more involved that a GD or earlier swap. if you're planning on paying someone to do it there probably aren't many shops around that would have done it yet so you may find you become a bit of a guinea pig

make sure you price it out fully before getting started. ask all the questions and don't assume anything. you may find you'd prefer to use a GD STI cut instead once you find out the full cost/what's required

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Pendogz

Pendogz

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

thanks aek just have a mate selling a wreck want to do a conversion and have plans on buying the 02 sti half cut but just thought it wouldnt be much different didn't realise the new Subaru's have a CAN-bus system i work with these everyday in land rovers and VW so i know the pain in the ass they are thanks for the info will scrap that idea would be a way bigger pain in the asss then first thought

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Budget 10k+ for the conversion. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 Dav_fre

Dav_fre

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

This will bolt straight in
http://www.ebay.com/...bdb0974&vxp=mtr

#6 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

^wow, you don't see those ever

#7 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

^wow, you don't see those ever

Been up for ages now, there was a bunch of other bits off it as well

#8 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Been up for ages now, there was a bunch of other bits off it as well

The cluster is like 700 or something silly. Seats are 1.5k from memory, they are pretty awesome from memory however

tIeW8DE.png

#9 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

The cluster is like 700 or something silly. Seats are 1.5k from memory, they are pretty awesome from memory however

I'm glad I wasn't the only one looking at the s401 parts for the past year :P

#10 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

Ive bought parts too :P and if that engine and drive line is still there at conversion time i will seriously consider it

tIeW8DE.png

#11 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Guys, besides being blueprinted and tuned, there is bugga all difference between the ADM B4 engine and the 401. Some small items like silicone inlet etc. To pay 5500 (once you count currency conversion) plus about 1500 possibly up to 2500 for postage and import duty, it is nowhere close to worth it. Unless you specifically want something noone else has, this is a huge waste of money. Think of what package you could be running out of an STi for that money. Not only that, but after a close look at the photos, its missing the black box of death - which is somewhat essential - you would need to know what restrictor pills were used in a 401.

It is a nice complete package though... 6 spd, diff, tail shaft, driveshafts, shifter, etc.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#12 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

It is a nice complete package though... 6 spd, diff, tail shaft, driveshafts, shifter, etc.

That was the main reason and the rarity. I know it would be better getting an STi single

tIeW8DE.png

#13 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yep. Especially since the s401 was built with a 208 block, it will eventually go bang as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users