AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hi All,

I have been putting a new long block into my B4 as I was told that my valves and piston rings were on the way out and I could not afford an engine rebuild 4k min so I bought a long block from a jap importer for $1200 and a friend who is a mechanic helped me pull out my old engine and put in the new one but he has bailed on me and the car is not been put back together completely or properly so I am having to re do most of the work! But I need a service manual for a reference because there are a few things I'm not sure exactly how they are ment to be out back together. So if someone can help out with a link to a service manual or other useful info so I can get my B4 on the road that would be great :) Thanks Chris

#2 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

I have a copy on disc, that you are welcome to copy.

But how do I get it to you Chris ??

Are you coming down to Melb soon.

There are links on here somewhere, ya just gotta find them.

#3 nickknack

nickknack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Do a search next time ;)

http://pdftown.com/s...service-manual/

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

There is no difference between the 98-00 gen 3 manual and 01-03 manual. Same thing. The only difference between the JDM and ADM manuals is the JDM one is in Japanese.

Once you have the engine out, you will need to remove everything off them and switch them. Exhaust manifold, inlet manifold (everything on top) and also small things like the coolant crossover pipe - the japanese '00 motors have an angled coolant outlet, and the ADM '01 motors have a straight one. The front oxy sensor is a 3 wire in the '00 motors, and a 4 wire in the '01 motors, and i found it simpler to switch manifolds, as the import one looked like shit, and mine was in pretty good nic.

Also, its likely you will need to have the cam and crank pulleys replaced (not all the cam pulleys, only the top left one as you look at the engine - the one that has the profile the cam position sensor picks up). Depends what year your original one is, but I changed everything over. These pulleys will likely need to be changed by someone else, as they are torqued up a lot. Plus, you'll need to reset the timing belt after doing this (which is a prick of a job to get right)

If you change everything, there will then be no wiring differences, and its all just a mechanical job. Bit of extra work for you, but makes life much simpler by removing any wiring hassles.

The manual is a god send though.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

I have a copy on disc, that you are welcome to copy.

But how do I get it to you Chris ??

Are you coming down to Melb soon.

There are links on here somewhere, ya just gotta find them.

I'm not sure when I am coming down but I would like to grab a copy of the disc anyways when I see you next :)

Do a search next time ;)

http://pdftown.com/s...service-manual/

I found this about the same time you posted it and I did not expect anyone to reply so soon :P Thanks again

There is no difference between the 98-00 gen 3 manual and 01-03 manual. Same thing. The only difference between the JDM and ADM manuals is the JDM one is in Japanese.

Once you have the engine out, you will need to remove everything off them and switch them. Exhaust manifold, inlet manifold (everything on top) and also small things like the coolant crossover pipe - the japanese '00 motors have an angled coolant outlet, and the ADM '01 motors have a straight one. The front oxy sensor is a 3 wire in the '00 motors, and a 4 wire in the '01 motors, and i found it simpler to switch manifolds, as the import one looked like shit, and mine was in pretty good nic.

Also, its likely you will need to have the cam and crank pulleys replaced (not all the cam pulleys, only the top left one as you look at the engine - the one that has the profile the cam position sensor picks up). Depends what year your original one is, but I changed everything over. These pulleys will likely need to be changed by someone else, as they are torqued up a lot. Plus, you'll need to reset the timing belt after doing this (which is a prick of a job to get right)

If you change everything, there will then be no wiring differences, and its all just a mechanical job. Bit of extra work for you, but makes life much simpler by removing any wiring hassles.

The manual is a god send though.

Thanks for this info mate and I shall have a proper read through it tonight :)

Thanks heaps guys :D

#6 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

For a fact the wiring colours are different between the Liberty B4 and JDM RSK B4 models.

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#7 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

For a fact the wiring colours are different between the Liberty B4 and JDM RSK B4 models.

This is true and I have the gc8 wiring harness in my car so mine is different again :(

What I need is heaps of pics of the engine bay :D

#8 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Better pull out the multi meter and hit up some serious engine bay time.

For my engine conversion I used the existing loom so I would still know what colour was what. For the sensor pins I redid the connectors with original colours.

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#9 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

This is true and I have the gc8 wiring harness in my car so mine is different again :(

And i thought my car was a bitsa

tIeW8DE.png

#10 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Better pull out the multi meter and hit up some serious engine bay time.

For my engine conversion I used the existing loom so I would still know what colour was what. For the sensor pins I redid the connectors with original colours.

Its not a conversion it was just a long block swap but my car from factory came with a gc8 loom :P

And i thought my car was a bitsa

Mine is the biggest bitsa of them all :P

#11 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

I will do a copy & you can pick it up @ the Docklands meet end of this month.

Sound good Chris ???

#12 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

I will do a copy & you can pick it up @ the Docklands meet end of this month.

Sound good Chris ???

That does thank u but it looks like my car will not be on the road for some time because every service manual I look at is different to my car :(

#13 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi guys do any of you know where the two ground wires go that I have circled and also where the white / grey clip goes and it one has one brown cable going to it? Thanks a million!

white_zps1a7c85e2.jpg

groundwire_zpsa4a94084.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users