#21 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

There's about 2k in parts in a basic car trailer - steel, welding wire, lights, single axle brakes etc. 3k is a great deal for a basic trailer. Will add them to my list of manufacturers to have a chat to. Cheers Mark!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#22 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

You will be surprised how quickly costs add up once you get a trailer place to start building custom.

I've just left the vehicle bodybuilding game, and yeah. All those little goodies will add up :P

Also, the mesh floor and using it as a ties own point may not be okay structurally.

Posted Image

#23 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

Oh yes, they certainly do. Something that needs to be discussed with the manufacturers for sure - extra supports would need to be put in to allow tie downs from a punched floor/extruded metal I would think.

Any more ideas that people would put into a trailer or steer clear of?

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#24 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Still waiting for a mate to send me some photos, he has a solid mounted ratchet strap ratchet thingy, and then a hole in the floor behind where his wheel sits for the ratchet strap. Same concept that ive seen on tow trucks.

Theirs also a stopper bracket that goes across the front of the floor that his front wheels hit so when your strapping the car down. Your locking the car into that.

My explanation probably doesnt make sense but hopefully i get the pictures soon

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#25 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Good design is good!

Posted Image

#26 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

One thing we noticed with the dual axle set up - the hubs aren't actually perfectly aligned. One has positive camber, the other has negative. When the black Forester was all loaded up, we noticed this and got a little worried as it looked like the wheels were going to wobble off but with further inspection, noticed that it was just the way it's built. With 1.6T on the back, the rubber needs as much surface area on the road as possible. Without putting 295 tyres on, I believe this is a pretty smart way to get around it.

TBH Morgs, this sounds more like a bent axle.

Was it a hire trailer?

As far as I know, all trailers have solid axles which means zero camber and toe.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#27 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Hmm that's weird then... It was definitely identical on both sides and a privately owned trailer.

IM47Gcv.jpg

#28 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Better late then never...

62CC64DF-44E6-492F-BEE1-0DAFF19B63DF_zps

67F97AB4-6492-4FEC-9F06-E803FC5EE673_zps
098FD5D5-244C-4EC4-A9BF-75A9C5FAE18F_zps

Snapchat quality yo

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

#29 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

I'm not sure where you're located, but a fella here in Bendigo builds air bagged trailers for $6k. It doesn't need ramps and can drive a super low car straight on without hassle. Google them and take a look. Tony'z garage on Facebook for more details and pics

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#30 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Cheers, will look! Thanks for the extra photos too!

#31 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hey mate,

There's someone selling a car trailer in Vic on Rexnet.

http://www.rexnet.co...loverswilwoods/

"Tandem broken back trailer with Ele1ctronic brakes, automatic stop safe guard, ramps, whinch, light truck tyres etc perfect for track cars that are low to the ground.. the trailer flips up for easy loading. Registered in VIC and will transfer to VIC buyer $4000 Reg is V50628"

20140601_112608_zps2afc7e7d.jpg

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#32 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Something my brother came across when looking at low trailers

http://www.layflattrailers.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users