11 replies to this topic

#1 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

I rang Subaru about my airbags light and they said they will plug it it and check the problem. Can I get an after market tester, or do a manual check on them? Car is a 98 liberty Australian spec

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#2 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

sledge-hammer.jpg

But seriously, if you have a search on the forum for the way to check fault codes, that will give you the answer you seek. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#3 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

! Ha ha. Thanks. I was on my phone. Will do. Thanks bro

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#4 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

So I get code 11 and 32. Tried a reset and didn't fix the problem. It lists LH front sensor and drivers side airbag. I am going to try replacing clock spring, but does anyone have any further information to help?

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Make sure you follow the safety precautions in the workshop manual before removing the airbag.

At the very least, disconnect the battery.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#6 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Thanks. I have only seen the warning for disconnecting battery and waiting 20 seconds.

Subaru airbag code information;

Enter your code for a quick description: http://codes.rennacs...S-75-Legacy.php

Subaru airbag diagnostic sheet and codes: http://worldtracker....g Sys(diag).pdf

#7 Tim.

Tim.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

Sometimes you can get lucky and it's only a loose connector. Disconnecting and reconnecting all the plugs can be a cheap and easy test.

#8 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, when I reset, the ABS light kind of flickers from dull to bright, it doesn't flash solidly on and off every 0.6 seconds. Anyone experience this?

#9 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Disconnect battery. Put foot on brake pedal for 30 seconds to remove any charge left in the system.
Wait a couple of minutes... then go for it.

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#10 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

check all the wiring under the steering column.. i have big feet and managed to kick something and i was having airbag lights intermittently.. turned out to be a loose wire too... all sorted now.

also.. does your horn work? 

cruise stalk?

if they work it shouldn't be the clock spring..

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#11 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

My horn works. Cruise doesn't, but the cruise could be a separate issue as it was disconnected and I have only reconnected it now. I had to swap plugs, the cruise switch plug was black with 4 wires, but the clock spring was white with 3, so I changed over the black plug with a white one I had on another steering wheel.

#12 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

The steering wheel connector was disconnected as the plug doesn't have the green button thingy. Electrical tape fixed it up. That solved code 11. Then I checked the plug on the lhs sensor and found it to be unplugged also. Connected it up as well and my airbags light went off :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users