Photo

New Impreza (auto) runs rough at 1200 rpm???

Jerks at low speed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Netty2250

Netty2250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

I bought a new impreza auto last December and ever since I drove it out of the showroom it runs a bit jerky at about 1200rpm which is more pronouced when I take my foot off the gas.  It has the stop/start feature which seems to work OK but it does lurch forward a bit when starting up automatically at lights etc.  I am taking it in to be checked in two weeks, but the dealership said it is just the CVT transmission I need to get used to in the boxer engine?  I find it quite it quite uncomfortable to drive a low speeds as it really does jerk at those low speeds - It is fine at high speeds.  Any help would be appreciated!

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Mine does that too although being a manual im putting it down to the short ratios of first and second. I did remember hearing something about the factory ecu does something with the injectors to save fuel when coasting in traffic at low engine speed, whether or not its true i dont know

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Netty2250

Netty2250

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for your help.  I hope they can fix it because I find it unpleasant to drive around town and miss my old Honda :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users