• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

i bought a brand new windscreen a month ago after molesting my last one with a ratchet, sure enough i get a stone chip on friday night. rang up obrien (where i got it) they want $120 for a repair!!!! anyone fixed their own before what products have you used? the chip is roughly the size of a 5c piece... thanks!

MY07 GT spec B

#2 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

Isn't this the 2nd time you've killed your windscreen with a ratchet?

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#3 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

nah was referring to the first time... near new windscreen and the first stone chip i get!

MY07 GT spec B

#4 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

nah was referring to the first time... near new windscreen and the first stone chip i get!

I used one of those permatex kits on sale at supercheap for $25 on friday and it was actually really good.
i had only a small chip ( maybe 3mm) but after all the super heat we had in January it cracked and turned into a star crack about 1cm end to end.

was skeptical of using the kit but it has literally cleared the crack totally, i cant even see it if i look for it, all i can see now is what looks like a normal tiny surface chip that i have many of over my windscreen anyway.

not sure how they would go for such a big chip but for a crack i would say it's ace!
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#5 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

I used one of those permatex kits on sale at supercheap for $25 on friday and it was actually really good.
i had only a small chip ( maybe 3mm) but after all the super heat we had in January it cracked and turned into a star crack about 1cm end to end.

was skeptical of using the kit but it has literally cleared the crack totally, i cant even see it if i look for it, all i can see now is what looks like a normal tiny surface chip that i have many of over my windscreen anyway.

not sure how they would go for such a big chip but for a crack i would say it's ace!

saw that in the catalogue. was going to pick one up this weekend anyway thanks for the reminder.

MY07 GT spec B

#6 Ardorpes

Ardorpes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Howd you go with it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users