15 replies to this topic

#1 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi Guys, I have another Q for you guys. Will the brant alarm system work with a turbo timer? or will the immobiliser kick and and just overwrite the Turbro timer? GReddy Turbo Timer ? Cheers Will C

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

turbo timer is a waste of time. only really needed on older cars with not such good cooling for the turbos. b4 has a header tank above the turbos which will cool it even after its shut off. not to mention they are illegal.

MY07 GT spec B

#3 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:I like cheese burgers !

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

SEE WILL LOL I told him he doesnt need one.. but paranoia is kicking in again hahaha

Posted Image

For all Your Performance Work and Needs.

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#4 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Turbo-timers are **** IMO. Just drive the car nice and easy (off-boost if possible) for 1-1.5 minutes before you switch the car off, problem solved, money saved. If you REALLY want one, I believe the HKS-Type1 turbo timers do work with the Brant systems. But, being HKS, they are expensive to buy and probably just as expensive to install.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#5 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

how about the boost controller? ****-e factor ? :lol: I'm still waiting for Dylan to get off his lazy ass and come to work n have a look at the baby.

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#6 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

I'm still waiting for Dylan to get off his lazy ass and come to work n have a look at the baby.

gooo goooo goooogle jetlag.

kthxbai.

#7 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

how about the boost controller?

Completely different kettle of sea-bass.

Boost controller is worth it, if you need one. Would you likely be tweaking boost levels?

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#8 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Completely different kettle of sea-bass.

Boost controller is worth it, if you need one. Would you likely be tweaking boost levels?

well right now its rather jumpy so i'd rather get one to make it stable

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#9 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

get a retune if you want it done properly, definately worth the money.

MY07 GT spec B

#10 DRIVER

DRIVER

Trusted Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

To answer your question will, as no one has answered it. The Brant has to be rewired to accomodate for the turbo timer, ive fited one to my B4 but Ex Brant Boy Michael from Technique also a member on here (user name Technique) he rewired the brant and i installed the turbo timer. but u will manualy have to lock the car and then later turn the alarm on...
Posted Image
I dont give a f*ck how fast it is....there's no joy in threatening people.

#11 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Boost controller made the car undeiveable Will, it spiked boost all over the shop.. That b4 doesn't like em one bit.. And.. Boost it anymore higher than how it's set, and you'll blow it up.. Just wait till winter time and then see if you still want one. But seriously, a boost controller can only push it up from where it is now = death to motor and turbo's.. In winter it will hit 20psi very frequently

#12 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

Boost controller made the car undeiveable Will, it spiked boost all over the shop.. That b4 doesn't like em one bit.. And.. Boost it anymore higher than how it's set, and you'll blow it up..

Just wait till winter time and then see if you still want one.

But seriously, a boost controller can only push it up from where it is now = death to motor and turbo's..

In winter it will hit 20psi very frequently

Will

Listen to Brendan. The car's adequate enough with the modified factory boost controller.

Enjoy it! :)

#13 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

I thought about getting a Turbo Timer for my B4 when I first got it, did abit of research and found out brant sell a HKS one i think that has been intergrated to their alarm system. Last time I checked they were asking $500-600. As everyone else has already mentioned, they are not needed. I could imagen 20psi in a B4 in winter would be very happy yum cha :P Hmmm..... I need a tune Anyone wanna sell their TBE :scratch_one-s_head:

#14 WillC

WillC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

lol you guys have it all wrong. I don't want to boost it any further i said the boost is "erractic". The PSI pin jumps between 4-10PSI on gear 1 and 2 ( even when giving it a fang which is rare.). Most of the time it sits on 14-16 psi on 3rd but 1st and 2nd gear are a mess. Sometimes the car launches like a rocket on boost other times it feels like my teg. My reason for the Electronic boost controller (not mechanical which is what you had Brendan ) is to get a stable setup. I must admit though when it launches like a rocket. IT LAUNCHES LIKE A FRIGGUN ROCKET!!! HEY ALL U WREXIESSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAHHHH HUMMESRSSSSSSSS GIV US A GOBBIEEE!!! AHHHAHAHAAHAHHAA .. . .. . .. . .. . . . bye bye jOhn-e bout time to get that STi..... yes and about now you get the point. Do you guys think my ideas have some merit in getting a electronic boost controller? and its not just the gauge either. It actually feels different when driving. Cheers Will C

Toy's Garry

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#15 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

lol you guys have it all wrong. I don't want to boost it any further i said the boost is "erractic". The PSI pin jumps between 4-10PSI on gear 1 and 2 ( even when giving it a fang which is rare.). Most of the time it sits on 14-16 psi on 3rd but 1st and 2nd gear are a mess. Sometimes the car launches like a rocket on boost other times it feels like my teg.

My reason for the Electronic boost controller (not mechanical which is what you had Brendan ) is to get a stable setup. I must admit though when it launches like a rocket. IT LAUNCHES LIKE A FRIGGUN ROCKET!!!

HEY ALL U WREXIESSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAHHHH HUMMESRSSSSSSSS

GIV US A GOBBIEEE!!! AHHHAHAHAAHAHHAA .. . .. . .. . .. . . . bye bye jOhn-e bout time to get that STi.....

yes and about now you get the point. Do you guys think my ideas have some merit in getting a electronic boost controller? and its not just the gauge either. It actually feels different when driving.

Cheers

Will C

LOL

in time will in time..

you beat me on the straight but around corners ur on jelly hahahha

let me get a VF22 or VF34 in the thing then we go for a quick fang :)

Posted Image

Fairfield East NSW 2161

#16 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

lol you guys have it all wrong. I don't want to boost it any further i said the boost is "erractic". The PSI pin jumps between 4-10PSI on gear 1 and 2 ( even when giving it a fang which is rare.). Most of the time it sits on 14-16 psi on 3rd but 1st and 2nd gear are a mess. Sometimes the car launches like a rocket on boost other times it feels like my teg.

My reason for the Electronic boost controller (not mechanical which is what you had Brendan ) is to get a stable setup. I must admit though when it launches like a rocket. IT LAUNCHES LIKE A FRIGGUN ROCKET!!!

HEY ALL U WREXIESSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAHHHH HUMMESRSSSSSSSS

GIV US A GOBBIEEE!!! AHHHAHAHAAHAHHAA .. . .. . .. . .. . . . bye bye jOhn-e bout time to get that STi.....

yes and about now you get the point. Do you guys think my ideas have some merit in getting a electronic boost controller? and its not just the gauge either. It actually feels different when driving.

Cheers

Will C

just get a good gauge mang..

i had the same one and an apexi one on the hatch back and both read different levels..

apexi was more accurate since it was dyno with it showing the correct boost.. from memory the auto gauge read lower.. which could be bad !

Posted Image

Fairfield East NSW 2161

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users