10 replies to this topic

#1 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hey guys, I can't seem to get my cruise control working. When I first got the car, the stalk wasn't installed and neither was the diaphragm. Both are now connected and when I hit the cruise switch the relay clicks and I get a red light. I'm pretty sure before I put the diaphragm and stalk in the light was green when I switched it on.

Once I get above 40km (my Gen 1 wouldn't activate before this speed, so I assume Gen 3 is the same) and hit the stick, nothing. No matter what I do, no clicks, no cruise, no increase speed or anything.

I removed the vacuum pump and it all seems to look right.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Also is the control module attached to the steering column near the pedal box? if not could you tell me where it is please?

Thanks.

Brad.

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#2 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Yes. Someone with a non dealer attitude! That is exactly right, dealers don't have time for me.

I was just going to replace the vacuum pump and control module and hope it worked :-D

I think tuning is a crime of passion, or maybe a labour of love. Either way it furiates and excites me.

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

Finding someone with a select monitor could be difficult as they're rare outside dealers as far as i know

tIeW8DE.png

#4 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Pretty sure Snowball from rsliberty has one and said I can use it anytime I need.

Thing is I don't particularly want to drive to Melbourne just to check for errors. How much are they to buy? Surely someone in Bendigo has one?

I have actually been thinking that the Clutch switch may have been taken for the hill start and may be why it's not turning on.

Thanks heaps for the info Suby Dr I definitely see the advantages of using the scan tool over manually doing it!

#5 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Just rang the dealership. They are adamant that their scan tool wouldn't read my car. They said because the engine had been changed over it wouldn't work. I put a generic obd ii scan tool on and got nothing as well. Not having done the conversion or knowing anything about it, I have no idea. Subaru said the tried everything to get it working, but I just don't know with them.

#6 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, check for the clutch switch. If it isn't there, you can jump it with a wire. Just don't forget you don't have an off switch on your clutch when cruise is on :P

Posted Image

#7 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

I have a Clutch switch, it was a manual before the conversion. But it is connected to the hill start. I have no idea what I'm looking at under the dash ha ha

#8 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

Checked brakes and clutch switch. Both are functioning correctly. however I am not receiving signal from the cruise switch

#9 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Got it! Originally I hooked up the wire from the horn (wrx momo steering wheel without cruise) and the 2 cruise wires. Not realizing that the cruise switch with horn plug integrated, also doubles as power for the command switch. When I got the car, the cruise switch wasn't installed and I had to swap pins and a plug over inside the steering wheel (very fiddly job) and didn't do the horn wire off the command switch as there was already one in the plug I was swapping over. Anyway. Who cares. Cruise works. Airbags light off... all my problems are fixed

ve6u3ura.jpg

The green wire is power for horn and command switch.

#10 FR34KO

FR34KO

GRANDMA's BOY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • Interests:SNOWBOARDING.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

Nice, wish I'd looked into sorting out the CC in my old lib in the ~3 years I owned it.

#11 Subaru_Bloke

Subaru_Bloke

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

I'm so lazy I couldn't handle not having it man organizing a trip just for the sake of it now :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users