#22 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yep. Mechanical gauges are the shit.

I've had ebay specials all the way up to defi genome gauges. Stepper motor gauges aren't the best.

Mechanical gauges are quicker/more accurate/cheaper and easy to install. Can't go past a autometer comp boost gauge.

The smallest amount of lag in the gauge could be the difference between catching a overboost event before it does damage or overboosting and needing a engine rebuild.

The only good thing about stepper motor gauges is reading session peak or setting a warning light. You can recall peak with basic ecu monitoring software if you want to know that info.

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#23 BE4ORE

BE4ORE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Cars, PS4 and my B4!!!

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:00 PM

should have stayed mechanical IMO

Don't make me feel worse man, I'm realising I made a mistake lol...now to go back again!

Yep. Mechanical gauges are the shit.
I've had ebay specials all the way up to defi genome gauges. Stepper motor gauges aren't the best.
Mechanical gauges are quicker/more accurate/cheaper and easy to install. Can't go past a autometer comp boost gauge.
The smallest amount of lag in the gauge could be the difference between catching a overboost event before it does damage or overboosting and needing a engine rebuild.
The only good thing about stepper motor gauges is reading session peak or setting a warning light. You can recall peak with basic ecu monitoring software if you want to know that info.

I just liked the vivid colours and stepper motor in electrical gauges... Didn't find any like that in mechanical. But yer, I def will be going back to mechanical once I find a nice one instead of a dull gauge.

#24 STI.PSI

STI.PSI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Crimp the Red and either orange or white depending on what colour you want it to light up at when its turned on together to 12V accessory, back of ciggy lighter is cool for 12v accessory and earth. just make sure you solder and heat shrink them don't need any fires or dodge eleco tape. Hope this helps, I think Orange wire lights it up red and white wire obviously white. if you get tricky you can wire up the orange wire to headlight trigger so its red at night and leave white white connected with 12V to ciggy lighter.

hope this helps

Gen3 + 2.2 + 35R + 6spd = FTW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users