• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Since putting the GT-B Struts (with standard GT-B springs) in my Outback, I've had very little travel in the rear end before the bump stop.

This picture shows how much travel I've got from full droop (this is hanging on a 2-post hoist).

Attached File  2014-07-20 21.29.30.jpg   382.85KB   8 downloads

The bump stop looks fairly conservatively sized so I'm guessing the Outback ones are no larger than the liberty ones. What is the way to get these things to travel in the rear end? Do people remove/cut-down the bump stop? Are there a few different upper arms profiles and the Liberty ones 'bend' more? I've seen that some Gen3's come with alloy upper arms in the rear - is that what I should be seeking?

Cheers

1973 Nissan H230 Wagon | 1975 Porsche 911S Targa | 1978 Torana UC Hatch | 2001 Subaru GEN3 Outback

#2 Hezath

Hezath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

So if I install Liberty sedan/wagon bump stops (thank you for the numbers), I will gain some travel? and if I install the Liberty alloy upper arms, I will gain more travel again?

Is the other geometry on the alloy upper arms the same? i.e. no camber change etc.

This car isn't exactly slammed. Not sure if it really validates the need for de-lifting, but I may do.

http://img.photobuck.../IMG_1808-2.jpg

1973 Nissan H230 Wagon | 1975 Porsche 911S Targa | 1978 Torana UC Hatch | 2001 Subaru GEN3 Outback

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,458 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Delift for more fitment on those LMs ;)

tIeW8DE.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users