6 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Ok guys... So today I've connected up some logging software and a cable to my ECU to try and diagnose some of the missing problems, and flat spots, and rough idle in my car once it heats up and sits in traffic occasionally. There is also some reluctance with it when I stick the boot in (when its sitting on boost) - in which it continues revving and does not seem to really make much power at all. A lift off on the accelerator slightly usually slings it back in to power! This is the 2nd ECU it has done it with, same symptoms. Upgraded coil packs to HEC716's, new leads, new plugs, cleaned and replaced AFM, stock air intake, IACV has been cleaned, Upper engine cleaner run through and no funny noises on engine. I think it could be timing but not quite sure. I would like to source another IACV and slap one on there just for good measure. Now, what I want to know is - Knock correction sometimes shows as high as 44 degrees... Is this extreme or OK? The logs I pulled off so far today only show this, and do not show ignition timing - I will try my best tonight and see if I can pull ignition timing logs off as well. Thoughts and feedback will be appreciated guys. Dylan

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

sorry for not being 100% on topic but what software are you using and what cable to hookup? links plz :) on topic: what's your code readouts like???

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

Alex man, I don't get the check engine light. It does not work in mine since conversion.

Not sure if anyone knows, but I've often wondered if there is a separate unit that has anything to do with controlling the CEL as I had a 'ECU Assist' or some other small box which was a left over (can't remember if there was another one on the loom I put in). I will have to find it and take photos to try and sus it out.

http://www.limitless.co.nz/ is what I am using, EvoScan software with a USB cable. Plug it in to the laptop and log away!

#4 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hm. I've had a thought that the ECU I am running may not report all values as it should due to the MINES chip in it. I might go plug the standard one in and run some diagnostics over the weekend. Will provide updates on progress.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hey Dylan.... 44 seems a little extreme to me, but does it show this at idle and/or just as you put your boot into it from a stand still or cruising speed, or, does it happen when you've already got you boot into it and its rising as you accelerate?? if its only for a split second from stand still or cruising it may be because the ECU is programmed for super advanced timming while not under load.... ie sitting at lights and cruising off boost, expect to see timming values of 40 degrees plus in these situations. Hope this has been helpfull

Just Married

#6 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

these are the standard ignition maps for an AUDM 2001 B4 See how the values are as high as 45 degrees in the low rev and load ranges. this could explain y your scanner is reading such high knock correction, although the maximum knock correction in the standard ROM is 12 from memory so your ROM has either got some massive knock correction values for safety purposes or..........????

Attached Files

Just Married

#7 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Jeff mate, thank you for that. I will be plugging in the factory JDM v2 WRX ECU today to run some more diagnostics... presently it's got a V2 STi ECU in it with a MINES chip as well so I am also not getting some figures reported to me. Once I've got some of this I should be able to post up some graphs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users